cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation, Source and PA Transfer structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have half knowledge about the Souce, Allocation and PA transfer structuers.I want to know like under what scenarios each of the structures (Allocation or Source or PA Transfer) should be used. For each of the structure, where can the settled values can be seen? In settlement profile, if I give PSG as the Default settlement object, please tell me as to where the settings for the same are configured. Kindly help me out.

regards

Pratap.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

I do not claim to have all the answers to your question. But would like to clarify some of the issues you have raised by way of an illustration / descritption:

You create cost elements under cost element category 21 as settlement cost elements- let us name this cost element ,”99999”

Cost elements which are to be settled (pertaining to the sender object) are grouped together and they make a cost element group with description such as COGM + Variances –let us name this group,”Coelgroup1”

Ensure that a value field is created under operating concern (Controlling ->Profitability Analysis->Structures->Define Operating Concern-> Maintain Value Fields)with this cost element group.

In “Create Allocation Structure”, you decide which cost element groups are assigned to which value fields in Profitability Analysis.

Now we assign ,”Coelgroup1” to the “Source” in the allocation structure.

”99999” will be assigned to the “settlement cost elements” as PSG -> 99999

Let us say our sender object is a WBS and receiver is Profitability segment.

When you do settlement, actual cost of sender object(i.e., ”Coelgroup1” )will be credited to the WBS element and corresponding debit will be made in PSG by way of cost element “99999”.

You can see the actual debits and credits in receiver object and sender object by executing the report “RKA_SETTLE_TABLES_COMPARE”. Infact viewing this report will be highly educational. You have to pass the object number of the cost object to execute this report. Cost object can be obtained from report” RKACSHOW”.

Hope you find this posting useful.

With regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muraleedharan,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Thank you for your reply. To some extent it was helpful, but I am expecting more. Surely do let me know when you gain more nowledge about it.

regards

pratap.V

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

I appreciate the fact you have brought a core issue to the fore.

Why don't you detail your areas of concern? Probably I can try to answer. Others will definitely join. This would be beneficial to all.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please give some valuable inputs from your side on the above topic.

regards

Pratap.V