cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Images in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know if we can import an image in MDM using Import Manager. If yes then how and if no then are there any Java API for doing so???

If anyone can provide a document for the same it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Seema.

PS. Reward points will be given to helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema ,

Adding to Srinivas answer About Java API's

Please go through this link

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/current/index.html --> Packages --> com.sap.mdm.blobs

com.sap.mdm.blobs.commands

I think it may help u

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need to import/upload image files into the Images table via Data Manager. Then you can import image file names (for appropriate records) via Import Manager. Here're the steps you need to go through in detail:

1. In Data Manager, table Images, Add a record.

Data Manager will display a dialogue box "Add Images". Here you can specify multiple image files to upload. Ensure the radio button "Store in Repository" is selected. Optionally, specify a Data group (to help organize your image file records in MDM - e.g., by supplier). Click OK - Data Manager will upload all your image files into MDM.

At this point, your image files reside on the MDM server, but are not associated with product records yet. I.e., you can view them in Images table, but not in Catalog Items table. On to the next step.

2. In Import Manager, connect to your source (e.g. Excel sheet with records), and import as normal. Note: in your source file, specify an image file name (e.g. "image.jpg") in the Image column against each product record for which an image file was uploaded earlier into MDM.

After the import is done, you'll be able to see the images in the Catalog Items table.

by using java api, let me check and i found, i will let u know.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seema,

i will like to say that image can be be surely imported through import manager.But the work starts in data manager.

I will give u the stepwise approach.

step1 :Create a repository with lookup images in the console and load the repository.

step2:

Goto Data Manager toolbar.There u have an option Objects .Goto Objects-> Edit Data group->

An dialog box will open .Click on the data object and select As child and create a new data group .U can name it.

Step3:

Select images as the dropdown in data manger.In the object pane u have Image, Name, Data group etc..

Click on data group and select ->Add.

It will pop up a dialog box.Select the dialog box in the dropdown and select the data group created.

Then it will prompt to add files (images).Add it from ur local disk and then import .U will find the image added .u can add severqal images like this.

Step4:

Then go to import Manger and Select the source file in the source and the lookup image in the destination.U will find all the images loded in the previous step in the data manager.

map the field level and at the value level map the images to the records. Then do the import.it will be associated.

Hope it will help u.

Please reward me points if u find ythis blog helpful.

regards

Deepankar

Edited by: Deepankar Pandit on Jan 21, 2008 1:47 PM

Edited by: Deepankar Pandit on Jan 21, 2008 1:48 PM