cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsuccessful records by bapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

here i am dealing with file to RFC scenario. here i will get the records in a file which will be mapped to the bapi. if the data is perfect the bapi gets post the data. if the data is not perfect " how to capture the records not posted by BAPI and to send back to the file server".

it is very urjent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana.

As I understand, you are sending data to the R3 using a BAPI and incase of any bad records, you have to capture them and send them back to the sender/FTP.

In this case, you have to create a new RFC which calls this BAPI. Before the data is passed to the BAPI, perform the validations on that data and send the successful records to the BAPI and the bad records into an internal table and return them. This would solve your problem.

Make sure the RFC that you develop is Remote Enabled.

Hope this reply helps you.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the data is not correct then u can use Fault Message, In Interfaces Objects u have option called Fault message the structure is predefined,So create the fault message and use this Fault message to capture the Error when BAPI Fails,this will help if ur senario is File to proxy. Its better to use Fiel to proxy senario.

If u can change the senario then u have to create the Alerts,In ALRTCATDEF u have to create the Alert catagory and in RWB u have to create the Alert rule,If mapping Fails then Alert will be triggered.

Regards,

Phani

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

by using the fault messages and alerts we can come to know that some error has occured. but here i need the records which were unsuccessfully triggered by bapi and i have to send them back to file server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the table to be export in BAPI with the records failed to process.

If the modification to BAPI is not possible, then you need to create an RFC which will have similar import parameters and maintain the export table with the list of failed records.

In ABAP code you can cathc these details and pass it to XI as response.

I am not sure if there will be any direct way to enlist these records in XI as the processing of the records is not with any relation to XI Interface.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you could achive with the use of BPM with Async to Sync Bridge.

Or else you could map the response of the BAPI in another flat file and can be send it to FTP server. It will be possible from SP19 onwards

This file will contain the information about it.

Thanks

Swarup