cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a query about ADD In installations..

I wanted to know which is the optimum value to be put for tha parameter "rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy" which along with "rdisp/j2ee_start" is responsible for J2ee engine startup from SMICM..

SAP default is "0", but should the whole initialization

of the ABAP server be complete before the J2EE engine starts up

(as the UME in the case of ADD In is R/3 server itself..); otherwise, wont it lead to inconsistencies..

Also these values are dynamically changable(in table tynpropty). But if a

server restart is done, the value taken is the old

one. So should these values be changed from the OS level and not

from RZ11 TCODE?

Regards,

Hemanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the response..

But if I change the profile from OS, then when I activate and import the profile from R/3, it should take the values from the OS level.

How can it then have a different value than the one in the file system?

The officail answer to teh other query is :

"The parameter "rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy" was introduced when we saw an issue with a very slow starting ABAP system and a Java UME which failed because the RFC calls to the ABAP stack were not answered in time.

The "0" value provides a faster system startup.

The "1" value gives additional security, it can be used if you encounter

issues with early RFC calls.

"

Regards,

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hemanth,

Actually you have it backwards. When you activate a profile from RZ10, the profile at the OS level is overwritten by the copy which is stored in the database. Make the changes in RZ10, save, and then activate. You'll see that the time stamp of the instance profile will be updated and all changes will be in place.

Regards,

Nathan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hemanth,

The "rdisp/j2ee_start_lazy" parameter controls the start time of the J2EE stack. If you set the parameter equal to 1, the J2EE startup will be delayed until the R/3 stack is completely started. If there are concerns that the R/3 startup is too slow, delaying the startup of J2EE could help to speed up R/3 startup.

Regarding the administration of the profile parameters, you should use transaction RZ10 for profile modifications. If you change the profile directly at the file system level the changes will be lost the next time some one activates profile changes with RZ10.

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Change the values in transaction RZ10 -> instance profile. In you change the value in RZ11 , it means parameter is dynamic and the new dynamic value will remain active only before the restart. As soon as you restart the SAP, old value will come into effect.