cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mount a repository on multiple MDM servers ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am a complete newbie to MDM. I came across the concept of appropriating an MDM repository in a situation when it has been mounted on multiple MDM servers.

I want to know:

How to mount a repository on multiple servers without Archiving and Unarchiving it ?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

There is an option on MDM server level in MDM Console to mount and unmount the repository but for this option, you will need some basic information like DBMS Server which you are using for MDM, user name and pwd of that DBMS. after that you can select the repository which you have to mount on the server and give the port no.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh..

Reward with points if found helpful.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii Uday

If you want to know more about it please share your id. Hope the above informations help you.

Rgds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/efb5ef46eb1aa2e10000000a422035/content.htm

The documentation talks about Appropriating an MDM repository in cases where it has been mounted simultaneously on multiple servers.

Any ideas about this ?

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii Uday,

I think you got the answer. for further clarifications please send me your email id.

Rgds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heii Uday,

For details and clarifications you can share your Email Id with me.

-Karan

Edited by: Karan Tayal on Jan 21, 2008 3:28 PM

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii Uday,

As per your problem At MDM server level in MDM Console to mount and unmount the repository, you should need some basic information like DBMS Server which you are using for MDM, user name and password of that DBMS. After it we can move for appropriate repository for which we want to mount and unmount.

Archiving and Unarchiving is a way by one single repository can be moved amongst different servers.

Here in single console multiple servers can be mount. but the availability of the repository depends that which should have .a2a file format.

MDM Console settings file maintains a list of

currently mounted MDM Servers that you can use to remount them as a group during subsequent MDM Console sessions.

Here each MDM Server maintains a list of currently mounted MDM repositories that persists even after the MDM Server is stopped that it uses to automatically remount them as a group each time the MDM Server is restarted And one more thing If you exit the MDM Console without stopping a running

MDM Server, the server remains running with its MDM repositories mounted and loaded even without the connection to your MDM Console session.

Hope this may help you. please reward this if you find it useful.

rgds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Archiving and Unarchiving is the only way through which one single repository can be moved through cross servers.

Coz on a sigle console multiple servers can be mounted but the availability of the repository depends on the presence of the archived file .a2a.

Please reward me points if u find my blog helpful.

Regards...

Deepankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Your query sounds interesting will you be little more specific ....... is it single server and many clients or is it many servers.

On any MDM server if you want to mount the repository you need to unarchieve the repository with the .a2a file which you get with the business content from the marketplace.

But once the repository is mounted on the server it can be reflected on any number of clients you have.

The other option seems either creating master and slave repositories but cant assure regarding it. You can refer the MDM Console Reference guide.

Reward points if helpful

Prasad....................