Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

views/queries (during or after import)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the following two scenarios:

- During the import I want to highlight those records (and fields) where changes occured. How can I do that?

- After having imported the data, I want to run queries on the master data. As an example, have customers in two different systems. Now I want to run a query, which customers of SYSTEM_A are linked to which customers of SYSTEM_B. How can I do that in MDM? Or do I have to go directly onto the data base?

I read that iViews can perform things like that. Is that what I am looking for? Do they allow me do define custom queries easily? Or do I need heavy programming effort?

Best regards, Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

For your first question, I quess you can use workflows, with trigger action Record Update.

And for your next question, I dont think MDM can execute queries of your concern.May be iviews can be a better option.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

do you mean regular iViews or special MDM iViews? I read there is a difference...

Cheers, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I guess regular iviews will not work, as the data being manipulated belongs to the MDM system.

You need to use the MDM iviews, which you will get by downloading the business package from service market place.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If u want to highlight those records which are changed then follow the following process.

Create a workflow in Data manager.

In the properties of workflow specify Trigger action as Record Add and Record Update.

So every time when record is changed or New record is added ur workflow gets automatically launched and u can perform necessary steps on those records like matching merging etc.

Or if u want to keep a track of last changed Records then use Change Tracking.

Below Im providing u a good link for How to do change tracking.

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/08/change-tracking-in-mdm

If u find this helpful then plz reward points.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

During the import I want to highlight those records (and fields) where changes occured. How can I do that?]

- You can use timestamp field for this. This field will keep updating every time when record undergoes changes. And you can then use "Free Form Search" to select recently changed records.

After having imported the data, I want to run queries on the master data. As an example, have customers in two different systems. Now I want to run a query, which customers of SYSTEMA are linked to which customers of SYSTEM_B. How can I do that in MDM? Or do I have to go directly onto the data base?_

- For this I think you can use MDM "Relationships" (Parent / Child). Please follo this link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Refer : Product Relationships section.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

For your first question you can use the workflow during importing the records but by using the workflow you can see the records in the checked out state nor in the highlighted state. you can refer to your earlier thread for it and refer the thread links provided.

Else you can also use the validations in the data manager and check these validations as errors or warnings on importing the records.

For your second question please be a bit more elaborative.

Reward points if found helpful

Prasad.......................