cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the function module for a message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sd gurus,

how can i know the function modules used ( based on message type can i know it?) in inbound idoc processing.

can anyone let me know where can i find it out and the related transaction codes

Thanks&Regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Please go through the following link. It will clear your doubt regarding your query.

http://abapcode.blogspot.com/2007/07/useful-guide-to-ale-idocs.html

http://erpgenie.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=597&Itemid=28

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Edited by: RakeshSingh Chauhan on Jan 21, 2008 1:04 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find out the Functionmodule if you know the message type.

Go to WE20, find the message type for hte relevant partner type by clicking the partner type and then clicking one partner int hat partner type.

Now on the right hand side, you will get a screen. Based on whether it is your outbound IDOC or ibound, click the relevant parameters, select the message type and double click.

In the new screen open the Message control tab and fidn out the process code of the IDOC.

Now go to WE41 if ur IDOC is outbound or WE42 for inbound IDOC.

Search for the process code which is assigned to the message type in WE20.

Double click the process code, you will see the relevant function module in the 3rd field.

Hope thsi helps you

Pls reward if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Navaneeth and Deshpande thanq so much for the reply. Actuvally my requirement is i want to create individual idocs from a idoc. to say clearly, we receive an inbound idoc .based on the shipto party partner function we need to create different idocs from the original idoc. for this reason we thought of coding the logic at the function module level.

can you let me know how to is there any other way to identify the function module with out having any idocnumber

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Another way is while running the related transaction at meesage click f1 go to technical details click where used list for the meesage class.Select program anf function module in check boxes may be screens if u want.

You will get number of function modules where it is used.

You can check each function module with se37 or se80.

I find this easier .

Regards

Mandar

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SE91, give the message class and the error number.

Now in the menu...Utilities---Where used list.

Now click all the check boxes and then execute. It will give you all the programs, classes etc where this error message is used.

Hope this helps you

You can reward if this helps you

Edited by: Navaneetha Krishnan on Jan 21, 2008 3:03 PM