cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent/periodic import with Import Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I just read that the MDM "Import Server" allows for doing frequent/periodic imports. It was also stated that this frequent/period import only works with importing files. And furthermore, that the reason for this restriction lies in MDM's link to SAP XI.

So what if I frequently/periodically want to import from an MS SQL server? Could I do this by working with SAP XI? (I haven't worked with XI yet)

Best regards, Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

So what if I frequently/periodically want to import from an MS SQL server? Could I do this by working with SAP XI? (I haven't worked with XI yet)

yes you can do the frequent/periodic import with import server.

follow the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8973bcaf-0801-0010-b7a7-f6af6b1d...

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

thanks for the links, it looks quite interesting.

In other words, I have to work with SAP XI, is that correct? There's no way to run automatic imports (other than files) without XI?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes , from MDM perspective for automatic import "Files" are the only way.

But this can be done using any custimized program which will extract data from MS SQL server. You dont have to use SAP XI just for this.

You just have to place you data (in the formof files) into MDM's inbound folder.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks guys!

Best regards, Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Im not getting why u want to import using xi,when u can import periodically and frequently using MS SQL server.Only thing u have to do is go to the server,there find import server in that MDIS.In MDIS find ur repository and in that specify interval as per ur requirment and give the password (this password should match with the password u provided in console)then go to console and in inbound port of ur remote system make processing as automatic and specify import map in the map property.

I guess this will help u.

Plz reward points if ur question is justified.

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Basically I do *not" necessarily want to use SAP XI. But I read that I cannot do frequent/automatic importing from an MS SQL server.

But you say, it should be possible? That would be perfect if it works.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have to work with SAP XI, is that correct? There's no way to run automatic imports (other than files) without XI?.

generally, from R/3 you will get the data in IDOC format, MDM will not understand IDOC messages, XI will convert IDOC messages to XML messages.

MDM picks those XML messges from the Port ready folder, automatically according your configurations.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas