cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Group in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a SC with a particular purchasing group (e.g., LG1) and company code (e.g., 1700). In ppoma_bbp, I see that I am assigned to that purchasing group but not under a company with company code 1700.

Now, when I create a SC, I do not get the purchasing group(LG1) in the dropdown, though it shows a few others. Should the org assignment be modified to make this happen? Could someone help me with this please?

Required P.Group = LG1 and company code = 1700.

As assigned in PPOMA, different company => P.Org => P.Group 1700 => User (me).

Please, help.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan Sadasivan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Its a bit confusing as to what exactly you want.

Is the company code same?

If the company code is same, even though you (the user) are assigned to a different P.Group you can able to purchase for LG1 P.Group.

In the responsibility tab of the P.Group (LG1) for which you need to shop maintain the user then the user will also be responsible for the P.Group.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks.

The company codes are different.

There are 2 company codes - Root level company and company 1700.

Purchasing Group LG1 is assigned to a P.Org under the Root. The company 1700 is also under the Root.

My user is assigned to a Purchasing Group LG1.

With the above assignments, I assigned my position in the responsiblity tab of the P.Group LG1 but it still didnt work. Could it be because the company codes are different?

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

The root level company is not regarded as the company code.

The ideal Org Structure should be like this :

-

> Root Org (Company)

-

> Company Code

-

> P.Org

-

> P.Group

You can have number of P.Orgs and P.Groups under the company code.The users can be assigned at company code / P.Org / P.Group level based on requirement.

Ideal is to assign the users at P.Group level as there is scope for lot of restriction.

All the attributes assigned at company or company code level are inherited by P.Orgs & P.Groups.

Root org / company doesn't have any relavance as no Function tab is defined at that level.Once the check box for company is checked under Function tab then that is regarded as co. code and you have to assign the company code to a back end company code.So what ever has been assigned to the root above the company code has no relavance.

You can only have P.Org & P.Groups under company code.

In your case please assign LG1 under 1700 Company code then you can able to shop for that P.Group.

Hope this makes you more clear. Clarifications are welcome.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks so much. I will try this out.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan.