cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change company code in Assignment tab (CJ20n-project builder)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any config to maintain company code in assignment tab (project builder) ? We have a problem in our project. It shows that in basic data, user put company code A (in basic data) but in Assignment tab they put different company code let say B. When we do settlement , two accounting document created to company code A and B. By right it should be only company code A. In addition, we cannot change the company code, when the status is already Release (REL).

Please help how to change the company code B to A and how to reverse the accounting document that has been created under these two accounting document.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not clear about your question here. Do you mean to say that you see field company code on both the Standard Tabs i.e., Basic data and Assignments? I think it's not possible to have the same field (PBUKR-Company code) with different values on a WBS.

You can not even revoke the REL status on the WBS.

Coming to reversal, you can still reverse the settlement entries (but again this would generate some FI/CO documents) using CJ88. Choose from Menu Settlement->Reverse.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Appreciate for your advice.

It is true. we use wbs with 3 level. User put wrongly last time. Therefore, we see in the basic data (tab) and assignment (tab) , we have different company codes. And now the project code has been TECO. We see now two accounting documents. How can we reverse the wrong company code. Since we could not change the company code in the assignment tab..

Many thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still can not digest about how the system allowed to have 2 different company codes on the same WBS element. I first need to understand this. Can you send the screen shot to my e-mail address kadiams@yahoo.com ?

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I sent email to u already.

many thanks in advance.

Nies

Former Member

Now I understand your scenario, you have the Requesting Company Code and the Company Code Different.

You usually use this primarily with IM module if you want to manage the asset under construction (cross company) belonging to a different i.e., company code (Requesting ) than company code on main WBS.

You can not change the company code (Assignment Tab) as you already have actual posted against it.

You've also created an AUC (in wrong company code) and even if you reverse the settlement you would not be allowed to delete the AUC or the delete the settlement rule (its grey out as its already used)

What I can suggest is to reverse the settlement, lock this WBS which was created wrongly, create a new WBS and then continue with you regular process.

Above are my views but you can expect views from others.

Regards

Sreenivas

Please close the post if satisfied.

former_member807745
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

What if there is no AUC and no settlement done. Only PR is created? Still not able to change Req Co code. Please advice

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

No visible settlement rule does not mean no AuC. Try to delete IM profile assignment on WBS master and that should delete the AuC (system will prompt you) if it has never been used. After deleting AuC you should be able to change Requesting Company code. Please post a new question next time and do not hijack closed questions.

Regards,

Paulo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

you can control it through validation for future. so that the company code or plant code in account assignement tab should be same as basic values.