cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

field length not updated after re-import the RFC fucntion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I use a RFC model in the web dynpro. I changed the length of a field of the RFC function from 10 to 20 and re-imported the RFC model. But in the web dynpro, the length of the field is still stuck to 10. I aslo tried to restart the J2EE server, but it doesn't work either.

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your model in the same DC in which you have your application? If not, and if you use dependencies, then you have to do "Sync Used DCs".

Did you find an error (type cast or type not found or index bound exception?) or how did you tell that the length has not changed in WebDynpro?

Best Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

I am not using DC. I just use normal web dynpro project.

The input field allows me only input maximumly 10 fields even If I maunally change the field length to 20 in Layout view of web dynpro.

Regards,

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you restart your system once you have made the RFC changes, if not restart your J2ee engine.

Then reimport the model

Regards

Ayyapparaj

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

Is your input field's "Value" property mapped to one of the model attribute or to a custom attribute (created by you manually)?. If its a custom attribute then you have to map the "type" property of this attribute to a "Simple type" (create a simple type with maximum length 20). This will allow you to enter 20 characters in that input field.

If you have mapped the input field's "value" property to directly that model attribute (whose length you changed to 20 in the function module) and still the field is not allowing to enter more than 10 characters after Reimport and Restart, then the only option is to check restart or reimport once again. At the end of re-import in the final screen (before click of finish, did you see the change of data type as 'modified" or "new" message - for that change of 10 to 20 length in backend?).

Best Regards,

Kavitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in abap this field is based on a domain. I only changed the "number of character" from 10 to 20, but forgot to change the "output length" from 10 to 20.

After I changed "output length" and restart the J2EE server, the field length in Web Dynpro is also changed from 10 to 20.