cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dates in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

When we create sales order, as we know using backword scheduling first system checks stock. If stock doesnt exist, forward sceduling is carried out to find out the next material availability date & Delivery date.

Could somebody explain in detail from where these dates are determined.? Eg. Delivery date

Goods issue date

Loading date

Material avail.date

Transportation Plan. Date

What are configuration setting required from SD sides?

Please share your knowledge on above scenario.

Thanks

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

For the ATP check configuration settings, you may check following link:

System calculates all such dates from:

1) material master.. MRP2- replenishment lead time(for external procurement), MRP4- total lead time(for internal lead time)

2) definition of your order type (VOV8)- check out 'requested delivery/ pricing /PO date tab and the fields given thr ',

Please check these fields and their help and u wil get the better idea.

warm regards,

- prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Thanks for help.

However I am soryy , it doesnt serve purpose.

My question is where we can provide values so that it would help in determining delivery date in the sale order.

Thanks

shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiv,

The exact answer to your question is as below:

a} The pick/pack & loading time is maintained in shipping point customization.

b} Transportation planing time & transit time is maintained in Route customization.

Now, when you actiavte delivery scheduling on sales document type level the system will look for the timeframes you maintained as above. And after considerring these times you will get a delivery date from the system.

Hope this will clarify your query...

Reward points if you find this satisfactory..

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi,

Thanks for giving proper guidance.

Same thing I understood after working on this. My doubt is,

as you know we scheduled route by three ways like for shipping point OR

for Sales document OR

*for Delivery document.

*Ple give your opnion as in which case The pick/pack & loading time is maintained in shipping point would be considered.

& when it considered,Transportation planing time & transit time is maintained in Route customization.

Thanks

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi,

I gave point to you.

Please throw light on realted question.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Please read the below details for your query and reward points if you find it useful:

Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling

Shipping activities and transportation can be scheduled automatically in sales documents.

Picking/packing and loading, transportation scheduling and transportation can be planned and optimized on the basis of the dates determined.

There are two different types of scheduling:

Delivery scheduling

The SAP System takes into account the pick/pack time and loading time for a transaction.

You define the type of delivery scheduling for each shipping point.

Transportation scheduling

The SAP System takes into account the transit time and the transportation scheduling time for a transaction.

You define the type of transportation scheduling on the basis of the route (see sections "Route definition" and "Route determination").

You define for each sales document type whether delivery scheduling and/or transportation scheduling should be carried out.

For the dates to be determined automatically on the basis of the requested delivery for an order item, you must define both the times and what influences the determination of the date.

You need to carry out the following:

Define for each sales document type whether scheduling is to be carried out and, if so, which type.

Define the indicators for scheduling for each shipping point.

Define:

Pick/pack times

Loading times

Transit times

Transportation scheduling times

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi,

Thanks for responce.

If I want to incorporate Pick/pack time, loading time, transist time & transportation lead time in the order in determing delivery date which method one should use?

I mean scheduling with Route schedule Shipping point OR

for Sales document type OR for Delivery type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

You maintain all the timeframes which I told you earlier and then activate delivery & transportation scheduling on sales document type level { LE > Shipping > delivery & transp. scheduling > define scheduling by sales doc. type }. After doing this step, the system will consider all the times which you have kept in shipping point & route and propose a delivery date.

Hope this will clear your doubt now...

Reward if you are satisfied now...

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishi,

Thanks for nice explanation. The way you explain is good.

I gave point to you. Hope in future also you would provide your valuable advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv,

I hope you will not face any problem regarding scheduling in future...

Regards,

Hrishi

Answers (0)