cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alias SAP_LocalSystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ all,

I have a webdynpro application an deployed it into a EP 6.

I've set up the SLD, the SSO and I have created a Jco connection. On testing the Jco connection in the WebDynpro "Content Administrator" it seems to work fine.

But if I execute the application in Portal I got some Error Messages. The first one is:

<b>15:33:14:827 , /System/Server , 10/04/2005 , Failed to get system id of alias SAP_LocalSystem , Error , com.sap.portal.ivs.semantic.systemLandscape , sap.com/irj

</b>

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you done the usermapping with administrator for SAP_Localsystem? If not do so and give it a try.

Regards

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I didn't done a usermapping, is there any guide to do that?

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Login to your portal with an administrator login, go to User Administration -> User Mapping. There search for the user whom you want to mapp to the 'SAP_LocalSystem' system. Edit the user, select 'SAP_LocalSystem' from the dropdown, provide a valid username & password. Save the changes. This will take acre of your user mapping.

Note that, to run the application, you have to login with the mapped user.

<b>EDITED</b>

<b>Dennis, i'm extremely sorry, You needn't give a user mapping for the SAP_LocalSystem. This is because it is a default system being created to point to the same portal. So user mapping is not your problem.</b>

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Message was edited by: Nibu Wilson

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Please go to the <b>User Administration -> User Mappi</b>ng.

In the list of all System Please find the system you have created. The system will be displayed as the system alias name.

Then find the required user in the list. When you will get the UserID of the user click Edit. There set the user name and the password for mapping this user.

This will map the user with the System you have created.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please coniser rewarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry i am mistaken. You need not do usermapping. I thought it as Iview connecting to R/3 system.

Check that whether you have given the following parameters correctly.

Project name:<Your project name>

Application name:local/<Your application name>

Sorry for misguiding you.

Regards

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you all for the hints.

I have my Webdynpro application only as *.sda files. I can' t change anything in the code or the project properties.

Because of this Message:

<b>Failed to get system id of alias SAP_LocalSystem </b>

I think it has something to do with the R/3 connection.

Do I have to create a system alias in the Portal for this connection?

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how u have cretaed the iview? is it using webdynpro iview?

If it is using webdynpro iview, then it will ask for a system alias, there is one SAP_LocalSystem already present in portal thru whch u can access the webdynpro iview.

Select that and then then give the other parameters as in my previous reply.

Check the following link also

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/po... integration of web dynpro applications.pdf

Do revert if u have got any more doubts.

Regards

Rajeev.

Message was edited by: Rajeev Ullatil

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Yes you have to create the System alias which you have created. If you have not made that then please do that.

<b>System Administration -> System Configuration -> System Landscape -> portal Content</b>.

In the working folder where you have created the system, Double Click the system for editing. In the dropdown <b>Display -> System Alias</b>, there add the new Alias and save the system alias.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I think, You have to start the beta-xpeditor-report. If you do that, You have to submit the System-alias You have created.

I´m sure this could solve Your problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arne,

that could be true! But I have solved the problem, as I have configurated the bind-o-matic and uploaded my System *.epa file com.who.ren.son.system.epa .

That could be another solution.

Thanks!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

We have the alias mapper problem as well, but we are getting it anytime someone tries to access an iView, creating a ton of error logs. This *.epa file, what is that and do you think it could solve my problem?

Cheers,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

the *.epa File was an exported File from another System. I installed a portal application that needed a system with the alias "SAP_LocalSystem" that I've missed to include into my portal. So, if you have your own application, it could be that the connection to R3 is provided over the alias SAP_LocalSystem and that one is not defined in your Portal.

So check if your System you want to use is available in your portal and if it's alias is set to "SAP_LocalSystem".

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dennis,

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I understand now, but I don't think this will solve the problem... Oh well, it's nothing critical, but it would be nice to get rid of the message since, like I said, it pops up everytime a user hits an iView... nuts!!

Cheers,

Kevin

Answers (0)