cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i need to create search by 3 different languages,

TextSearchConstraint + FieldSearchDimension - is a search only on one default language,

can somebody help to solve my problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

As for as DataManager concerned I am not sure you can still achieve more than one search in different language; becaz we

dont have change the option of changing the language once we logged in.

But While doing syndication, even though you logged in one language; right click on the particular source filed and choose --.

Split Multilingual field --> By language and choose the required lanugage.

hope this alternative works.

thanks

Alexander

p.s. Kindly reward the points; if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody give me java-api code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to give you clearer explanation what i've got here.

I have repository with three languages(english,russian, ukrainian). All of them have primary inheritance with each other (i understand that it's not good decission by mdm design(to mix latin and cyrrilic locales in primary inheritance), but i have done so to make things more simple).

I am doing portal webdynpro application for repository search/update(in multilingual field). Problem is that search with MDM Java API is retreiving only values from default repository language (i don't define language in connect options and don't know how to do it now).

So i have such questions:

How can i search in all three(possibly two) languages(or how can i define search language explicitly)? I suppose that i need to do re-logon in every language and do search, but also i suppose that it will not be quick and will give additional load on mdm and portal system.

Please advice what will be the best solution to implement such functionality (multi-language search) in Java API?

I am now on MDM 5.5 SP5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osukhovsky,

Go through this document this will help u.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0fdddb4310a29e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I hope the following link of import manager >> multilingual support may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/12036df94c3e92e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Reward points if found helpfull

Prasad............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

I think u have a structure for the same set of data for 3 different languages . If that is the case then i will recommend u to use Qualifier table lookup.

Where ur entire structure is qualifiers and language as the non qualifier.

Or else u can also nest the entire structure under language .

or in the simple case just use the multilingual option for all the fields in the repository and then pivot them in import manager . I think this can also be done but i am not very sure wether it will be search efficient.

I hope it will help u.

Please reward points if u find this blog helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Deepankar.