Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have a BW Server with the following configuration

SAP System: NW2004s(BW 7.0)

Database: Oracle 10 G R2

I am trying to make a soruce sytem connection to the folowing datbase Server

Database: DB2 UDB

But as per note 523381, we have to go for a SAP Application Server. but even then the libdbsl file is not exisiting for AS400 machine.

Please guide us of what we can do.

Have any one faced this situation before

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear R

Connection from a Windows application server to an iSeries database: SAP Note 445872

This is part of the Netweaver 2004s documentation so I guess it is not possible using standard tools.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to understand.

can u pls explain w. r to my question

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear R

The DLL file LIB_DBSL needs to be installed on your windows application server, not on the AS400 machine (according to note).

You should be able to find the file on service marketplace: http://service.sap.com/downloads

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even when we go for a Windows Application Server, we could not find the DBSL file for DB2 UDB in AS400.

We are referring to the DBSL File located in

Support Packages and Patches> SAP NetWeaver SAP NETWEAVER SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S) Entry by Component Application Server ABAP> SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT UNICODE> AIX 64bit> DB2 UDB--> lib_dbsl_138-20000977.sar

The info page of the DBSL file is telling that it supports only Operating System of Linux 2.6

Please tell us where we can download the DBSL file DB2 UDB(DB4) Database in AS400 Machines.

The info page of the lib_dbsl_138-20000977.sar is as follows

supported environment

-

database (SAP, table SVERS) 700

operating system

Linux 2.6

The Details of the Source System are as follows

Database: DB2 UDB V5R3

Operating System: AS400

Please help

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For windows you can find it on

Support Packages and Patches> SAP NetWeaver SAP NETWEAVER SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S) Entry by Component Application Server ABAP> SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT UNICODE--> Windows Server on x64 64bit -->

DB2 UDB

If you have X64 offcourse else path is a little bit different on service marketplace.

SAR lib_dbsl_138-20001353.sar Database Library

You don't need this dll installed on AS400 according to the SAP note, just install the database library on windows and try to create the source system connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As per my understanding, the OS should be the OS where the DB2, database is running. My DB2 Database is running in AS400 Database. Hence i have downloaded the concerned DBSL File

Pls let me know of whether my understanding is right

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. Install the iSeries client software and the database interface (DBSL) for DB2 UDB for iSeries on the Windows application server.

It sais clearly in the note you install the library on windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u mean to say that i should install a SAP Applicatoin Server in Windows machine and install the client