SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Run FPY1: Cheque request file to external system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My business requirement is that in IS-U sometimes customers makes over payments which needs to be refunded back in case If they close the utility connections. In our case we need to make this payment by cheques.

Technical requirement: Refunds will be triggered by running payment transaction FPY1 in SAP IS-U but the cheques will be created in Peoplesoft. So we need to create an interface file in SAP application server which will contain all the data for the cheque which then will be posted to peoplesoft. Peoplesoft needs this interface file in a specific format with around 25 fields seperated by comma.

My investigation:

I read about payments and found that i can chose the payment method as check 'C' in system for the country and then can assign company code and country specific payment method as either some classic RFFO* reports or can assign a new payment format using DME and PMW. The country is CANADA and hence i tried to see the existing format 005 which does not suffice my requirement (it looks like).

I am not sure how do i achieve this, do we have some RFFO* reports with some user exits where i can alter the file with my requirements or shall i create a new format in DMEE? I am also new to DME. Kindly help.

Regards,

Amit

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure whether you have already found the solution.

You can use FICA_DME_CHECK <excuse me if this is not the correct form as I do not have have ISU system with me right now>

SAP provides only one form for check printing for all the countries. You can use the same, copy and modify it to your requirements. You can send the file to third party.

Rgds

Rajendra