cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to File Scenario getting Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm doing a RFC to File scenario ..for this.. first i had import the RFC and Response structure i was map to the file structuture.. in the sender communication is RFC i maintained Program id correctly.. and Receiver adapter is is File .. in IR and ID every thing is correct.. but in R/3 side.. if i execute that RFC by specifying the RFC destination and Input parameters i'm getting the SYSTEM EROOR..

Did anybody have an experience in the above type of scenarios.. please share your knowledge.. please suggest me correct solution..

Thanks

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u checked in sxmb_moni? you may get the reason for your error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaa,

in SXMB_MONI i'm not getting any messages. In R/3 side

Thanks

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error are you getting from the RFC. Are you trying to execute RFC from SAPXI ABAP to some other SAP system ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

that was just displayed as SYSTEM ERROR .. and if i did the synchrounus means (WebService to RFC scenario).. this RFC is executing fine.. but in this case i want only asynchronus ..so i had taken only response message and map with the file structure.. so, please suggest me the solution..

and in RWB my communication channel status is showing healthy ... no errors..

Thanks

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to first determine if the RFC works. So in the SAP system that has the RFC, I would execute a test using SE37; enter in some parameters and test it. If that works as expected then you have isolated the Function Module as causing the problem. Next see if you can call this from XI ABAP. This is just a simple suggestion before delving into your XI setup in ID/IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Babu,

Are you using any commit work in your RFC, if not then try to call that RFC in backgroun using an ABAP Program and use commit work at the end.

Rewards if found helpful,

Regards,

Alok

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First check RFC connection. Go to SE37, enter function module RFC_PING.

In most of the case we'll not have access to SM59 to test the RFC Connection.

Hit test button, Enter RFC destination (the interface system of the IDoc). NOTE: when entering RFC destination, keep in mind the field is case sensitive.

Hit execute button

If function module fails, there is an RFC issue. Contact team, which creates the RFC Destination.

also since ur calling the rfc asynchronously u need to

CALL FUNCTION 'REMOTE FUNCTION' STARTING NEW TASK task DESTINATION 'rfc destination'

u should call the rfc asynchronously like this.

also use commit work at the end of the call

hope this will work

regards

Edited by: vikas jain on Jan 22, 2008 8:25 AM

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

if its a synchronous snenario, you may not find your messages in sxmb_moni.

Why dont you try communication channel monitoring in Runtime workbench , and see the log of your sender rfc channel?