cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Delivery Quantiy Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My client's requirement: There are delivery quantity of materials must be based on the sales order. So I changed the settings in tcode 0vlp-Check OverDelivery.

But an error occured when there is a quantity of a material(Asphalt) that is more than the sales order needs to be delivered. So I reverted the settings.

Still, my client's requirement wanted to limit and lock the delivery quantity based on the sales order and at the same time it will allow to exceed the qunatity for the Asphalt material.

I'm only an abapper and I don't have SD functional to consult with. So, I need your assistance.

My first option is to create another Item category(ZTAN) that is designated for Asphalt that allows the delivery qty to exceed more than the sales order. And the rest of the materials(TAN) limits the delivery qty based on the sales order. Would this resolve the problem or may cause an error?

Points wil be rewarded later.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your scenario: *Delivery qty must be based on sales order qty only.*

Resolution

1. In customer master > Shipping tab > Make sure Field Part Delivery/item is set to C and maximum no of partial deliveries allowed is set to zero.

2. Goto t-Code OVM1 and select VL062 message and in type field choose E (Error).

Try this configuration and revert back if this is not fulfilled.

Regards

Siddharth

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi maui,

No it will not cause any error but you ensure that item categories should be assign to your Delivery types.

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, kabayan.

sounds like you did the right thing in defining a new item category. my question to you:

1. did you copy ZTAN from TAN?

2. did you check item category determination?

post again if you have other questions. if you're in town, you can send me email via jonathan.yap@bayantrade.com.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys!,

I haven't done anything yet. It's just my plan. I don't know how to copy one Item Cat to another. I'll explore it when I get back to my client.

Please guide me how...

Thanks..

Points for all...

Former Member
0 Kudos

absolutely right, For a particular (Asphalt) material, the system should allow the excess qty in the delivery. for other materials it should not allow. this is ur requirement i understand,

If i am right, then create a seperate item category for the special material in sales order, also that item category must be copied into the delivery. So, in the 0vlp screen, u maintain the appropriate settings. it will work without any error, i hope.

try this,

Reward points, if this logic is useful.