cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice Generation -URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we generate webservice in ID through Tools -->Define webservice. While giving URL when we go for propose URL and when we go for this type http://<host>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>.

What is the purpose of each option.?

Regards,

Prakash Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prakash

After configuring and activatingyour sender SOAP adapter activating the SOAP adapter channel, you need to send your SOAP messages to the

following address:

http://<host>:<j2ee-port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?

channel=<party>:<service>:<channel>

this following address tells the path through which you are going to send your soap adddress.

the Host : is your XI server address.

<party>: in case if you are using party.

<j2ee-port>: your j2ee port.

<service>: your business service name

<channel>: your sender SOAP chaanel name

rewards point if you find it needful.

regards

Kasturika

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

generated wsdl is consumed by any web based application like any portal or others ....

each option contains the description about

host name , Port , Adapter Type (SOAP), by which communication Channel , By Which party , service .....the Wsdl file id being generated .....

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you give me clear idea..(i.e) If i use this webservice in any web based application..whether i should give propose URL or i should give URL in the format which i specified in my post...

I need the difference between these two types of specifying URL.

Regards,

Prakash Babu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether i should give propose URL or i should give URL in the format which i specified in my post

U may use any of the two procedure.

The Proposed URL feature is used for sending the SOAP message directly to the Integration Server. In this case, the adapter engine is bypassed.

The other url u specified is the usual practice of posting the data through the adapter engine

Regards,

Prateek