cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we read a file from native file system in mapping using JAVA UDF ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in my File to Mail scenario, i want to get the email distribution list based on the file name. So i am planning to keep a config file in the XI server in an XML format and based on the file name i will parse the xml file and get the email list. i have written this code in java (Java editor) and working fine but while executing in mapping (XI environement) it is not returning any value. in test mapping also it is not returning any value. So please help me to find out the answers for following doubts?

1. Can we access a local file from mapping using JAVA UDF?

2. There is any other methodolgy to achieve it (is value mapping will help us) ?

As i am very new to the XI, some of my questions may meaningless. if so please correct me.

Thanks in advance.

-Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you could achive by maintaining the Value mapping tables also.

Please go throuhg the below link for the reference,

Let me know if you need any more details on it.

If you would like to maintain the config file with NFS (native file system)

You need to configure a sender file adapter to get the data from config file. With BPM, it will be easy to use the file name specific mail list and process to further to use that data.

This will be very complex scenario with BPM. I will suggest to think about 1st option.

If you need to use BPM then intially please go thorugh basic BPM scenarios and then you will get idea to use it for such complicated scenario.

Let me know if you need any thing about it.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for the reply. i could not find any links for value mapping reference. So could you please add the references?

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go for search option in help.sap.com

Check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/13/ba20dd7beb14438bc7b04b5b6ca300/frameset.htm

Yuga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find here with you some links for value mapping,

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2006/10/23/accessing-value-mapping-defined-in-directory-using-java-functions

/people/sreekanth.babu2/blog/2005/02/23/value-mapping-replication

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (0)