cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone trigger of Activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a Project definition says with header WBS and under which three more WBS (Assembly, Testing and Packing) with activities (Assembly, Testing and Packing) assigned to each WBS. In the activity Testing, I have attached a milestone with function after TECHO, which has to trigger the following activity that is Packing.

I have attached some material components to others activities. To plan the same I have to run the MRP for projects i.e. MD51. For this to happen I have to release the Project definition. Then the system automatically release all the WBS and Activities (I have tried with User status also).

Here milestone don’t have any control. How to control, the same?

RamananPV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

Yes, I agree, there could be a problem since you are creating projects from templates. There is away out. As I suggested in my earlier posting, create a new network type (copy of the one you are already using) with "packing' as an activity. You can build inter-network relationship bewteen activities for schduling purposes. Assign the new status to this network type in configuration. Now it should work.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

I think you can manage the whole process with manual maintenance of user stautus once instead of twice. My suggestion is as below:

1. create a different activity type - let us a Z-copy of internal activity

2.Assign a distinct user profile to this activity.

3.When the activity is released (that is, when the project is released) ,it should trigger setting of a user status . This can be achived by ticking the check box under "set" against business transaction"release".

4.Maintain forbidden transactions for this status

With this, as soon as the project is released, the specified activities will have a user status which forbids certain transactions.

When required, you have to manually change status and perform subsequent business transactions.

I have not tried the entire cycle, but it is worth trying, if your issue is business critical.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanan,

I guess this "semiautomatic" procedure suggested by Muraleedharan is the only option.

The user status can be set automatically, but will have to be reset manually.

I have no further suggestion...sorry.

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Muralee,

Thanks

I tried creating a user status simply and assign a businees transaction NoGoods Isse for the user status profile and assign it network type.

I have permitted the user status with Low / High key such that we can go directly to NOGI.Ihave assigned this for the object type Netwrok header / Activity.

Once the project is release i will go manually change the status to NOGI.Its working this way, but not through mile stone.

As suggested by you this can have little more control, i will try the same and reply.

RamananPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Martina,

I tried through user status its working.

I will try as suggested by Muralee and post.

Thanks for both of your response,

RamananPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Muralee,

I have checked for the same also.

Intially user status is assigned to Object types in OKO2. Where both Network Activity / Header.Also The user status is assigned to a network type OPSC where the user profile created earlier is assigned.

Iam not able to see " create a activity type" also the user status is for network type, which means all the activity.

Thanks

RamananPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

I suggest a work around:

You create your project and release it. You create a separate network with packing activity later on for activities for which you want to maintain "CRTD" status. This network will have created status. You maintain finish to start relationship between the desired activities on cross network basis and use mile stone to trigger release of activity.

This way you will be able to do project MRP while achieving the functionality of mile stone triggered release for selected activities.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Muralee,

The workaround is o.k.

But the issue is the project is copied from the template project definition or automatically from a Std Network/WBS ( ATO). In this case when we release PDef the it release the second network also.

Thanks

RamananPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

Mr.Rakesh is very right. Release of WBS does not have any effect on the activity and the milestone. Both are individual processes.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Milestone function will work on confrimation of activities only. There is no problem release of activities. Please test your scenario on confirming the activities, where milestone is attached.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Rakesh,

The issue is when i release Pdefinition it release all the WBS and activity assigned to it. I donot want only particular activity to be release when i release the Proj definition. That has to be released only by the milse stone even when i release the total project.

RamananPV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanan,

When you release the Project defintion, the complete project structure will be released as well. This is a standard and intended system design.

If you need to release networks and/or activities one by one or by using milestones functions, you should not release the project at project defintion level. Please consider releasing in at WBS element level or even at network or activity level.

I guess you will have to redefine your business scenario.

Hope this helps

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Martina,

You are correct.

But we need to release the Project definition for running the MRP for project , then all getting released.

Also we need to control unless the testing activity is completed the shipping acitivty should not be released.

Regards,

RamananPv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramanan,

Well, if the PD is released, the complete structure will be released as well. This cannot be avoided.

But you can consider adding some user status into the activities that are not to be processed yet that forbids certain bussiness transactions. In this sense, you can have those activities released but not "operative" due to the user status.

Please consider this option.

Hope this helps

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Martina,

You are correct i tried only using the user status which forbids the Goods issue for shipping.This is an easy alternate solution.But after releasing the Pdef the customer has to go and change the user status to NGI and once the testing is over he has to change the same ex:- Final Billing. Its o.k.

But the customer is looking for simple automatic solution after confirming the testing activity.

Thanks

RamananPV