Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy Using Client Export/Import

saif1614
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

This is regarding Client Copy Using Client Export/Import Method. We have two system Production and Development system. Iam planning to do a client copy from from PRD to DEV. I know most of the steps to perform Client Copy.I have some doubhts So if some one can please help me out i would really appreciate it.

!) I want to know which user should be used to perfrom Client Export ?

2) I want to know know which user to be used to perform Client delete?

3) Is there any particular USER who is recommended to perform Client Copy or any USER can do it?

4) After the Client Delete Procedure thorugh SCC5 ..to get back the client space we do Reorganization ? can anyone plzz tell me what are the tables that i need to reorganize or if anyone can provide me the steps for Reorganization i would be really thankful.

Waiting For your Replies

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working with sap 4.7ee 620kernal

I am not able to work with BRTOOLS. can any one help me out to solve the issue.

Regards,

Sateesh J

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are you using ORACLE DB?

Rgds,

Loukas

saif1614
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks For your kind Reply

I Previously did the database reorganization through SAPDBA as my Database is Oracle to get back the Space after Client delete through SAP(SCC5).

Can you please provide me which are the table that i need to reorganize and how?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Doing Homogeneous System Copy of your Production system will give you Free DB Reorg. 😃

Regards,

Jeff

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

so, I would go and reorganize all the tablespaces of your database. From my experience, when we had to do , we were getting an outage time (Saturday) in order to reorg through SAPDBA and by selecting all Tablespaces since there were client specific objects/table spread on all Tablespaces.

Rgds,

Loukas

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I found the note :Note 646681 - Reorganizing tables with BRSPACE for reorganization with BRTOOLS (BRSPACE).

Rgds,

Loukas

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

1)I want to know which user should be used to perfrom Client Export ?

You can use your personal defined on the system UserID.

2) I want to know know which user to be used to perform Client delete?

Same as above, just make sure you have an account on the client and you log on to the right client

3) Is there any particular USER who is recommended to perform Client Copy or any USER can do it?

I am not aware that you should use a particular user. I have been doing copies/deletions with my UserID, as system administrator.

4) After the Client Delete Procedure thorugh SCC5 ..to get back the client space we do Reorganization ? can anyone plzz tell me what are the tables that i need to reorganize or if anyone can provide me the steps for Reorganization i would be really thankful.

Reorganization ( I personally) use SAPDBA tool. However -if you use ORACLE, there are other alternatives as well. What is your DB vendor? I will append more info in a bit.

Rgds,

Loukas