cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Reference Data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

is one How-To Guide available for build MDM Reference Data Model ?

If we have few SAP Systems CRM, IS-U, R3(FI/CO) etc, and CRM, IS-U does not exist yet. (in case that we migrate system our system, they will be available late) Does it make sense to build MDM reference data model at moment ? Should we wait until the Data Model is available in mentioned SAP Systems ?

regards,

Hai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hai,

Iam providing u below a very good link which will help u in how to proceed with data modelling.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e50b4cd5-0c01-0010-2fb4-8a8a7d4c...

answere regarding ur second question depends completely in ur scenario .

if each systems data is independent of each other then u can design data model for other two system after words.

but if they are dependent then u have to wait for other to systems also.

Plz reward points if u find it useful .

Regards,

Neethu.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Long,

When u talk about data model from different cross apllications to be used in MDM then u are actually talking about the data model used in their system to be realised in MDM.

It 's really difficult to create such a structure from scratch.

For this purpose MDM is provided with Standard Business Content which contains the data model for MDM in Zipped format from SD,MM, Vendor etc..

But for Components like SRM , CRM we have product master provided or else these applications can provide MDM with that encrypted form of the model that is .a2a ..

I hope it would have helped u.

Please reward me points if u find thisd blog helpful.

Regards..

Deepankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Long,

1.is one How-To Guide available for build MDM Reference Data Model ?

Ans: Long, if you want to build and MDM Reference Data Model then sure you can go for SOA Data Model. or you can also assume and develop a MDM Data Model which best suited to your Landscape or requirement.

2. Does it make sense to build MDM reference data model at moment ?

Ans: to answer this question, i just want to ask "is planning for a model or designing a prototype" is wrong. In my opinion "NO", So you can independently make a MDM Data Model as you wish. No need to wait for any SAP system data model.

just go ahead.

Rewards if found helpful.

cheers,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

some of systems exist already and can not be changed and some new systems does not exist yet and we don't know how the data model looks like at the end. Should we just assume how the data model looks like in the new systems (which provide standard data model) and work out the MDM reference data model on this basis?

Actually I am seeking for general approach, the best way to face this challenge. Is any How-To guides or best practice for this purpose available ?

regards,

Hai