Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format & Timezone Problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two problems.

1) I am again facing the date format problem. Its again changed to MM/dd/yyyy.

I checked my system, the region and language is still UK English.

Is there any way I can fix this in the server once and for all.

I checked all the old discussions again but of no help.

What can be the problem.

2) Another problem is that "sometimes", I face a time zone problem. I retrieve some time from SAP (R/3) and copy it to another time field in WebDynpro.

But my new field has a value time+timezone.

This is very strange as once I restart my server, it becomes fine. I checked the time zone, and its same in the client and in the server. What can be the reason for this problem. Can this be a bug?

All comments/solutions are welcome.

Regards,

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Can you elaborate on your problem?

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which date format do you mean? In Webdynpro date input fields? If so it is determined from the client language, which can be for example set in the UME at the user or be detected from the browser language (which might be English (USA))

Times are defaulted to the server's timezone. So if you create a new time you should use a calendar and a timezone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the answer.

It solved my Date problem.

The time zone problem is very difficult to simulate.

The problem as I explained happens when I copy value(time data type) from one context attribute to another context attribute and that too only few times. If I restart the server, it works fine. I debugged to find out that the Server timezone changes somehow to GMT and hence it starts adding subtracting the time zone difference.

But after restarting server, timezone is set to its correct value. Trying to get a way to simulate this problem.

Regards,

Shubham