cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can i ensure my APO jobs should trigger only on the successful completion of BW jobs ? Is there any event kind trigger ? I dont want to append my APO jobs to BW job Process chain. Is there any other way ? If for anyreason, BW PC fails, my APO job should not start.

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SM36 job definition, you can define multiple job steps in your job. So the successor job runs if predecessor finishes successfully. this is outside the process chain functionality. try it out and see if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is event trigger. If you are in SCM 4.1 or onwards, you can put the batch jobs directly in the process chain.

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My BW PC and APO jobs run on same APO server. No external BW system, so no RFCs to do with.

How can i add BW PC completion as a frist step in my APO job (which has say 5 steps). I trigger the PC in batch mode. They run every night automatically. so i want only on the successful completion of that PC, my APO job should run.

I dont want to edit my PC to append the APO jobs as programs. (I am landing into different problems due to slight difference in qual and prod, so i dont want to tpt the request to prod. so dont want to edit the existing PC).

any idea ?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking at your requirement,

following is my suggetion

In BW - PC you can use the on success or failed action what to do...

In APO job you may require to add first step which will check your BW job status using RFC Function module.

If BW job is failing APO job will not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi srinivas,

In sm36, we combine many job variants as steps into a single job. I need to add this big job, to succeed a BW PC.

I cant add this job to the PC as ABAP variant. I think through events we should be able to handle this. Shibu, as i said, for some reasons, i cant append the job to the PC. They need to run separate instances but only on the successful completion of BW PC.

Anyone knows working on events ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well venkat,

Events might help you, if you have BW jobs on the same server as APO. In case of external server, you need to find some workaround.. Like for example write an RFC FM to read the BW job status from APO & conditionally trigger the APO job.

rgds,

SB.