SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use SE80 to view details of a Front Office Business Process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I posted the following question in the ABAP general forum but did no reply was posted. So, I am hoping that experts in this forum may be able to help me with an answer.

I would like to use SE80 (or any other transaction for that matter (except EWBC)) to get details of a Front Office Business Process. By details I mean information about methods, programs and anything else that can help me debug a problem I am having with transaction EC20. I have used transaction EWBC but I cannot get details about programs behind a given step. I get a list of steps and container info. Double clicking on the actual thing does not get me anything, and SE80 does not seem to be able to give me the needed information either, or at least I don't know how to go about it. So, which category, which sub-category or which button will do the job please?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all go to transaction EWFC and enter the right Front Office configuration.Go to the appropriate transaction group containing the button you want to investigate. Double click it and a new screen will pop up. On this screen there should be a radio button 'Method'. Next to this button you'll find a field with the object type. Copy this type ( eg. PREMISES) to your clipboard and open another modus.

Go to transaction SE80. In the left upper corner, a little under the text 'Object Navigator' there's a button 'Edit object'. Click this one. Go to the tab 'Business engineering' and select radio button 'Business object type'. Fill in the object type from the previous step and you'll find the interfaces, key fields, methods, events etc.

To customize this object you have to create a z-object derived from the main object. You can add methods, events etc. as you like!

Kind regards,

Stijn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO answer. Closing the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all go to transaction EWFC and enter the right Front Office configuration.Go to the appropriate transaction group containing the button you want to investigate. Double click it and a new screen will pop up. On this screen there should be a radio button 'Method'. Next to this button you'll find a field with the object type. Copy this type ( eg. PREMISES) to your clipboard and open another modus.

Go to transaction SE80. In the left upper corner, a little under the text 'Object Navigator' there's a button 'Edit object'. Click this one. Go to the tab 'Business engineering' and select radio button 'Business object type'. Fill in the object type from the previous step and you'll find the interfaces, key fields, methods, events etc.

To customize this object you have to create a z-object derived from the main object. You can add methods, events etc. as you like!

Kind regards,

Stijn