cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM Error : "com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFileIO"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While updating Patch Level from 9 to 13 after fresh Installation of EP 7.0 with BI JAVA under RH Linux / Oracle.

Initially, the error occurred that " J2EE Engine is running in safe mode. Pl. restart the Java Engine and

then Restart the JSPM." When I restarted the J2EE engine and then JSPM, I have the following 2 error

messages in

A server0_out File :

#1 Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: No such file or directory jar:file:/etc/alternatives/ibmjava/142/jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar

The error occurred while trying to load "com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFileIO".

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.load.ReferencedLoader.loadClass(ReferencedLoader.java:401)

at com.sap.security.core.server.ume.service.UMEServiceFrame.start(UMEServiceFrame.java:243)

at com.sap.engine.frame.ApplicationFrameAdaptor.start(ApplicationFrameAdaptor.java:31)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.startApplicationServiceFrame(ServiceRunner.java:214)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.container.ServiceRunner.run(ServiceRunner.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.frame.core.thread.Task.run(Task.java:64)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:79)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl5.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:150)

[Framework -> criticalShutdown] Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

Jan 19, 2008 2:50:14 AM com.sap.engine.core.Framework [SAPEngine_System_Thread[impl:5]_53] Fatal: Critical shutdown was invoked. Reason is: Core service com.sap.security.core.ume.service failed. J2EE Engine cannot be started.

</verbosegc>

<<<

B. The file dev_server0 has the following warning msg :

>>>

[Thr 182896194496] Sat Jan 19 02:49:16 2008

[Thr 182896194496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.box.number=EP1JC00v38cab1] [jstartxx_mt. 841]

[Thr 182896194496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.host=v38cab1] [jstartxx_mt. 841]

[Thr 182896194496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.port=3201] [jstartxx_mt. 841]

[Thr 182896194496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.system.id=0] [jstartxx_mt. 841]

-

JStartupReadInstanceProperties: read instance properties [/usr/sap/EP1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/instance.properties]

-> ms host : v38cab1

-> ms port : 3901

-> OS libs : /usr/sap/EP1/JC00/j2ee/os_libs

-> Admin URL :

-> run mode : safe

-> run action : UPGRADE

-> enabled : yes

<<<

C The dev_jcontrol file has error msg that server0 not running ...which is apparent from the above message.

- I have checked my J2SDK Version i.e. ibmjava 142 and also, JAVA_HOME and PATH Variable and it appears that ther's nothing wrong in it as mentioned :

JAVA_HOME=/etc/alternatives/ibmjava/142

PATH=/etc/alternatives/ibmjava/142/bin:/etc/alternatives/bin/bin:/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

I have checked the compatibility of the HW and J2SDK version as per note 861215 and it is ok as per the note

-It seems that due to error A #1 : Error occurred while preloading classes of security providers from jre/lib/ext folder: java.util.zip.ZipException: ..the J2EE Engine runs in safe mode for a while and then it goes down.

So, any idea that how to solve this issue ? I read somewhere that ibmjava 142 is THE correct one and the other versions are having sever issue with the UNIX / Linux ..is this true ?

Pl. help as we are facing this problem since last 24 hours and it is very critical.

Any / All Help is most welcome and would be rewarded with appropriate point without failure.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

- ISHAN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ishan,

The J2EE server is not starting because of the error in A. Please refer to note 965451 for solution.

The warnings in part B are insignificant. The startup framework has list with profile parameters and when a parameter is not in the list complains with warning. This warning doesn't mean that the parameter is wrong!

The jcontrol is the parent process of the server process and if the server process dies you will always get error message there.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the permissions and ownership of

jar:file:/etc/alternatives/ibmjava/142/jre/lib/ext/ibmjceprovider.jar

make sure your <sid>adm user can see this file, and chmod the file to 777 giving full r/w access.

as thats why your server isn't starting.

the java stack is looking for this jar file to start and can't find it.

Regards

James