cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWever Business Client problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy i have SAP GUi 7.10 level patch 5 and i install SAP NetWeaver Business Client where i create a connection R/3 type to BI system (SPS 12).

This connection it goes well but the problem is when i try to open a transaction code from Home section where i receive this message: hostname ' name' unknow. Could you help me?

Thank's in advance.

Sincerely yours.

Andrea Maraviglia

Edited by: Andrea Maraviglia on Jan 19, 2008 1:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got exactly the same problem - works fine to the home level but when trying to execute a transaction then I get the error message hostname "tsdux09" unknown

tsdux09 is the server on which the system is running. The full name is tsdux09.ndc.na.webdti.com. The parameter icm/host_name_full is set to the full name.

No clue what the problem is - very strange. The system I'm using is on patch level SAPKB70013. The GUI I've got installed is on 7.10 patch level 7.

Did anybody came across this issue and managed to solve it ? Appreciate any help to get it sorted out.

Thank you

Best Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Create the new thread with your answer. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i resolve the problem adding a new row on the hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ) compose by Application server IP and hostname defined on business client confgiuration.

Thank's at all.

Sincerely yours

Andrea Maraviglia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm mean with new question ) I'm know about etc\hosts )

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi if u won't get connect to server when it is saying hostname unknown

go to saplagon __ application server (ip addres)enter ur ip there may be this is the reason all the bestpls be with the forum