cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assist me in my critical career decision ...can u?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I been through lot of posts about the selection of SAP modules and got a clearer picture of what every module

is offering. I want to consult SAP minds here that which can suit me(SAP module) and even this is right career

move?

I did my bachelors in computer science and later my masters in Applied technologies(where i studied many management/marketing)

subjects with a touch of IT. I realized that business management is my field and though its late but its not still late

to reroute my career, before it goes too late. I have no professional work experience. I wanted to do MBA but my peers

suggested me that i will waist my previous qualification and i should pursue my career in SAP. i studied abt it. Now though,

my background is related to IT. but i dont want my career in development and stuff. Is it right decision to switch to SAP

instead of MBA at this point of my career(hopefully, in future i will pursue my MBA).

And which module suits me considering my background and preference? and Will spending $2400 for the certification promises me

a good job start (with no professional experience in hand).

I'll appreciate sincere and detail replies.

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my dear sap seeker,

u r intrested in sap.ok its a good move to you. now the society is sophisticated and you ahve to think twice before u put ur feet also. so i am delivering you my idea to u. learn sap.....especially in sap two modules will be there technical and functional u can excell in both first start with tech one and then go to functional inthat go for your favourite business apps. module excel in it.then u will become a good technofunctional guy in sap world and u will get good earnings also.u know one thing sap with mba ia also latest craze.......if u r doing mba and learning sap go for hrabap only.......defnely u will win.......

all the best

for any issues reply me and pls reward me points if its a better sufggestion to u

former_member188598
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m also from IT background and have done the SAP certification.SAP is really hot in market and i would suggest that you should go for it.

Now which module to take depends on ur choice.If u r good in technical specially in JAVA den i would suggest you to go for Netweaver-EP or MI.There is lot of work in EP side.Else if u want to use ur management skills den switch to functional side.

N ya if u r certified and have some experience in SAP den u will get good pay for it.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you get a SAP Certification of any a module, that would be much better for your SAP career. You already have strong IT educational background, all you need is the working experience.

Try to get a handon experiences as you can.

reward if it helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You have a good IT background and combined with the management subjects you have studied it makes a very good ground for you to step in the world of SAP as a functional consultant.

Certification definitly helps in getting a job and also diffrentiates you from the rest of the crowd.

I wont suggest doing an MBA and then entering in to SAP, to become a good SAP consultant you need work experience and (Either functional or technical) and certification, which you will have to do even if you are an MBA.

So go directly into the sudy mode, choose a functional module according to your preference which could be any od the modules, like MM, SD, FICO......and then you can proceed with certiifcation.

With no work experience certification will help you in getting you in a good job. And SAP is HOT these days....so get the most of it...right away.....!!!!!

Happy studying,

Hope this is helpful, Do reward.