cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Guru's,

Is there a way to set up a rule to automatically determine storage location for the materials used in the production order?

Sincerely,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to maintain the Storage Location in the Material Master in the MRP view, in Fields - the Prod. stor. loc and Storage loc. f EP, to solve your problem.

T.Arulvanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Please check whether Storage location in Maintained for the material in Material master MRP2 View Prod storage location .

This value should come in sales order , but u can very well chnage the storage location in sales order , but the new storage location should be assign to Plant at line item level .

You can use the storage location determination for the delivery. SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Location.

For the sales order there is no storage location determination available. If you wish the storage location to come up automatically you might have to take a help of user exit.

if you give me brief i can help you out more.

if helpful REWARD points

Thank you .

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

We are facing the same problem with storage location.

Our Availability check at sales order level has to perform on certain storage locations only. But it is considering all stock in storage locations.

We are struggling to limit the availability check to a certain storage location at sales order level.

Could you share with me which user exit will be useful to solve our issue.

your suggestions will be very help full to us and we would be grateful to you for that.

thank you

Raghu ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the storage location determination for the delivery. SPRO -> Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Picking -> Determine Picking Location -> Assign Picking Location.