cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I would like to put a button in a table with the "select all" role, but I didn't find a standard event for that.

Is there a way to do that?

Other question: if I link two tables (the output of one to the input to the other). How can I send only the selected lines of the first table?

Thanks,

Alessandro.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great question as I needed exactly the same thing for my app.

I got mine working like this (btw the data source is a table via SQL):

Drag data source twice to work area. Add a start point or query form to input port one of them and a table from the output (as you have done). Then drag a line from the out port of the table to the input of your second data source, mapping what fields are necessary (just ID in my case). Click on the line to configure it. The line needs to have the select action, and mapping scope set to "selected data rows".

Your table needs to be set to selection mode = multiple.

Then drag from the output port of your second data source and add a new table. Deploy and run. Voila! Ctrl click on the rows in your first table to send these to the second.

(Of course your data source needs to have matching fields in both output and input ports to make this selection possible - for example ID)

Henning

Edited by: Henning Strand on Jan 21, 2008 10:58 AM

Edited by: Henning Strand on Jan 21, 2008 11:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Henning,

I'll try this solution, but before this, just another question:

Using this solution everytime the user modify the selection in the first table, the data will be sent again to the SQL datasource, right?

Thanks,

Alessandro Reichert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right.

In my case I am looking to insert the rows selected in the first table to a new db tabIe (via a stored procedure) so I have to check if this has been done already or not.

I will do this using a database sequence that returns a new id to a data store field every time a new user opens the iview and does a new query. When inserting the selected rows I will also insert the data store value so I later can check if an identical insert has been done.

BTW [check out my thread on how to do a mass insert through a stored procedure |;and please supply a tip if you have one.

Henning

Edited by: Henning Strand on Jan 21, 2008 2:09 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you people for the quick response.

Best Regards,

Alessandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Henning mentioned you can send only the selected rows to the other table. But I haven't a solution for selecting all records of a table via button. I think this is not possible, because there is no action like select all records, so you have to do this manually.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcel,

With "so you have to do this manually" you mean another way to do that or just use the ctrl and shift keys to select all records?

Regards,

Alessandro Reichert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

I mean by clicking and using Shift resp. CTRL key.

Best Regards,

Marcel