cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods consumption document posting date should be same as POD confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

The scenario is like this --- The delivery is POD relevant, after delivery consignment lending happens {movement type 631}, then GI is done. But, only after POD confirmation this GI document comes into this document flow and it can be seen as goods consumption document {movement tyep 902} in the document flow.

Now, user's problem is with the goods consumption document posting date.

In VLPOD overview screen, actual goods movement date is 02.01.2008 and customer has sent the user a confirmation of delivery on 02.01.2008 itself. But, user has updated this VLPOD on today's date ie. 18.01.2008 and user has kept the POD date as 02.01.2008 itself {backdated POD date}. Now, after POD confirmation, goods cosumption document is created. But, system is showing the posting date of this docuement as todays date ie. 18.01.2008. But, user requirement is that system should copy the POD confirmation date into the goods cosumption document posting date. So, how can this be achieved ? can be done with some customization setting or user exit is the only option ???

Await your kind feedback....

Hrishikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding the system is working as per the client's requirement-which says.,

"user requirement is that system should copy the POD confirmation date into the goods cosumption document posting date"

Since the POD confirmation date is entered as 18.01, the system has taken 18.01 as the goods consumption posting date.

If possible, please try that with different dates of POD confirmation.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

The POD confirmation date is not 18.01.2008, but it's 02.01.2008.. which I mentioned initially itself... only problem is that this POD confirmation process has happened on 18.01.2008. In other way, if I try to post the consumption document with 02.01.2008 as a posting date in MB1a transaction {eventhough the POD was confirmed on 18.01.2008}; systems allows me to do so...

I hope you can undestand what I mean to say...

Regards,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

POD means the customer needs to respond immediately once he receives the goods. If does any delay whatever the day he confirmed that will only come for document posting. if we don't the confirmation we cann't do the billing.

as per my knowledge there is once option is customer master sales are data in shipping tab page, that is POD timeframe, it means we want give some maximum no.of day to respond the customer. if he exceeds the time then automatically we go for the billing. i think it may help you.

regards,

rp s