cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Include Java sourcecode into EAR File in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

There should be a setting in the developer studio , where in which we can include the source code into a EAR File after we build the source code.

I am unable to get this settings.

Please help me out

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well i don't think any of the source codes comes under the ear file when you deploy your application. You can see this.

First open your project folder, here you will find the ear file.

Open the command prompt, change the location to the place where ear file is located and then enter :

jar xvf myearfile.ear

This will give the extract of the ear file.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

I got ur point but when Issue is when I am deploying the ear file on server via SDM then the deployed Jar file on SDM is comming as app.jar where other developer from my team is deploying the ear file then file is getting created as com.XXX~Applicationname.jar.

What can be the issue ?

(just FYI-> I am looking the jar file on the EP server )

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

May be other developers are creating project with vendor name com.XXXX. application and you are not following the same. You said if deploy a EAR file its look like .jar file on SDM, its strange any way got WebDynpro Content Administrator and check the status there.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you need to specify the J2EE Engine Host Name and the Port Number under Windows-> Preferences and then right click on the Application you created in your project and then select Deploy New Archive and Run ...this will create an EAR file for you.

Let me know if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we can create a EAR file but what i need is to get same EAR file with entire source code of the WD Application.

Are you aware about this option?

In such case the EAR file contain all the class file of the WD Application.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Source code is not included into the EAR file. This is done to reduce the size of the deployable archive.

But why do you need to put in the sources in the EAR file. What is the use case ?

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get hold of the EAR file after you have built the archive from the IDE. Follow these steps:

1. Switch to the Navigator view and right-click on the WD project name in the NWDS.

2. From the context menu select "Explore in File System" option.

3. This will open the project folder in Windows Explorer.

4. Navigate to the folder "gen->default->deploy".

5. You can find the EAR file inside this folder.

Regards,

Satyajit.