cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why getting "DeliveryExcetion" in SOAP->XI->RFC scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the scenario :

i) I made a Integration Scenario for updating a Network in Project System(SAP-CE8) from my Web application in SOAP->XI->RFC context. I was able to update it using transaction SE37 on SAP R/3. But when i wanted to update it through XI using web service approach. The Web service returned "DeliveryException" message. Caused by: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: XIServer:NO_RECEIVER_CASE_BE. Upon looking into Runtime Workbench in XI ... i found that a call was made across XI in Message Monitoring with "System Failure".

ii) To correct this situation, I reconfigured my XI scenario by deleting the previous sender channel(SOAP) and recreating a new channel(SOAP) and redefined the webservice. This time the problem got worse as I got "ModuleUnknownException" and no entry in message monitoring. However when i tried with the old channel i still got the "DeliveryException" message.

My Queries are following :

a) What are the causes of "DeliveryException".

b) When is the web service created ... after just defining the web service in configuration builder ... or after some time ?

c) Why could it be possible to access the web service using old communication channel path while it was already deleted and change list activated ...

d) What is the possible causes of Module Exception...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Have you resolved the exception problem?

I've also constructed an RFC -> XI -> External web service scenario. I also encountered this exception but in the ABAP workbench,not through sxmb_moni transaction.In the sxmb_moni transaction view I traced the whole running process. In the end, through the two response message, I got two different error message. One is "com.sap.security.core.server.ws.service.WSSecurityException". Another is "Unable to determine name of mapping program".I think I made no mistake during the design and configuration process.All this makes me confused. I still haven't found a way to resolve this. It's so time consuming!I'll be very appreciated if anyone can give me some advice!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

1) You get the System Failure message when the message coming into the Integration server is not valid and if it can't interpret properly.

Check the message you are receiving from the Web Services and your message interface and make sure they are the same or at least correct.

2) Can you elaborate this question pls?

3) Check your Cache, if the changes has actually been activated. Cache may not have been updated hence the old objects still exists.

4) Are you defining any module on the adapter if not then try to remove it and see how you go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Thanks for reply.

<i>1) You get the System Failure message when the message coming into the Integration server is not valid and if it can't interpret properly.

Check the message you are receiving from the Web Services and your message interface and make sure they are the same or at least correct.</i>

Does it mean that return message from web service is not mapped properly? I have checked all the message mappings are correct in my scenario. What may be the possible causes of "DeliveryException".? Can you please specify any particular thing to be taken care of while doing Message Mapping?

<i>3) Check your Cache, if the changes has actually been activated. Cache may not have been updated hence the old objects still exists.</i>

I had activated the changes and cleared the cache after deleting the communication channel. But still I was able to use that old communication channel.

Regards,

Vikas Khandpur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

The problem might be because of the "Default Namespace and the Interface name" you would have given in the SOAP sender adapter configuration in the communication channel (in ID). check the same, hope this helps to fix your issue.

Also paste the error mesg, to analyse the problem exactly.

Regards

Vishnu