cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On (SSO) on Iseries - any experience and solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

we would like to implement a SSO solution based on Kerberos with our SAP running on DB2 / iseries and Windows Domain. The documentation fora SSO implementation with SAP running on Windows is good, but we do not have an idea if it is possible on iSeries and where to get any information?

Any ideas, experience, etc?

Thanks in advance

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Currently, I am working on developing an i5 Kerberos based SSO solution for SAP ABAP systems. I have been able to develop a working SSO proof of concept here in the lab. My environment includes Windows Active Directory running on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, SAP NW70 2-tier system running on V5R4, and SAP GUI 7.10. There is still some work required to refine the solution before making it available, but it is definitely possible to implement an SSO solution for ABAP systems running on iSeries without adding an intermediate Windows box.

If you would like to discuss in more detail please contact me directly at hoelzle@us.ibm.com

In addition, if you are interested in an i5 Kerberos based SSO for SAP Java systems, check out the following paper:

http://www.ibm.com/support/techdocs/atsmastr.nsf/WebIndex/WP101127

Regards,

Kolby

Answers (0)