cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 710 Graphical Layout Editor not available in LAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed sneakpreview NW04s for ABAP at home and the SAPGUI 710 software. The graphical layout editor doesn't work. I have checked all requirements such as, required dll and exe files. They are all available. The problem occurs only when I try to start the graphical editor from another pc in my LAN. If I start it on the application server where I have installed NW04s and the SAPGUI, it works fine. Only when I access to the application server from other pc in my home network, it fails to start the graphical editor. I've read that there must be a problem with firewall / port somewhere. I don't know where I can check whether this is the cause. I am using D-Link wireless for my home network.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Shahram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my last post. Shahram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm having the same problem I tried test TCP/IP RFC destinations EU_SCRP_WN32 , F1_HELP_SERVER

F1_HELP_SERVER_32, F1_HELP_SERVER_40. None of them are working. Can you please explain little bit further about opening port 3300. I mean How ?

Thanks In advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I resolved the problem myself. The error was due to the firewall settings on the application server. I had to open port 3300 that is used by SAPGUI.

Thanks for your replies, unfortunately I cannot give any reward points to you, since the problem was something different and was resolved by myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you bring up the Log screen?

If not try changing the connection bandwidth.

SAP Logon > click on Change > Click on Network Tab > in the Network Settings section choose Lower speed connection

Thanks

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried SM59 and ran a connection test for EU_SCRP_WN32. It started gnetx.exe, the window appeared shortly. But, the connection failed with the following error message:

ERROR timeout during allocate

LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host OFFICE / sapgw00

DETAIL no connect of TP gnetx.exe from host %%SAPGUI%%

COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

COUNTER 5824

MODULE gwr3cpic.c ;

It seems that my laptop cannot establish an RFC connection to the application server. the service file on my laptop has the right entry for the application server.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you send me screenshots of what you are trying to do? It seems that you can log onto SAP from you laptop but cannot carry out any functions.

mazafar@yahoo.com

Thanks

Adil

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DETAIL no connect of TP gnetx.exe

This means that you should install gnetx.exe on your PC. So, I come back to my original suggestion, install all options of SAPGUI again.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also make sure that you installed ALL options from SAPGUI 7.10 on the non-working PC.