cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM CVC Generation from other PLOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to generate CVCs in a DP BOM planning object structure (APO 4.1) based on the CVCs that exist in another planning object structure. The non-DP bom relevent characteristics are identical in both plobs.

Source PLOB (no DP BOM) Char: Z_PRODUCT, Z_SUB_BR1, Z_VENDOR

Source PLOB (DP BOM) Char: Z_PRODUCT, Z_SUB_BR1, Z_VENDOR, 9ABOMID, 9ABOMIO, 9APPMNAME

When I try to generate via MC62 (option generate immediately or option generate in background) I receive message /SAPAPO/TSM079, "Planning object structure Z_VS_FG (source plob)does not have the required structure". When I try to generate via MC62 (option Load to Worklist) I am able to see the source CVCs in the worklist and generate them. We need the ability to use the generate these CVCs via a background job in a process chain.

I checked OSS and note 972129 talks about this message when using a BADI, and when I use the option "Switch on Implemented BADI", I am able to generate, but the note says, "Note that you should now set the indicator for activating implemented BAdIs only if there are actually BAdIs activated for this function that should be run. Ignoring message /SAPAPO/TSM 079 may cause serious inconsistencies if you do not fill the missing characteristic values correctly using a BAdI."

Has anybody seen this before, and if so, is it OK to use the BADI option even though a BADI is not being used?

Sean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used this setting for over a month now and I have had no issues as yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch on Implemented BADI" checkbox without actually using a BADI will not solve your issue.

You may require to use user exit to map the DP BOM to create CVCs depend on the source POS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjali,

...but other than the DP-BOM specific characteristics, these POS are identical...why should I need to utilize a user exit to map them?

Also, checking on the "Switch on Implemented BADI" checkbox without using a BADI has allowed me to bypass the error message and the CVC does get created. I have yet to see any ill effects so far from this, and so was wondering if someone had done this before

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

If I understand you properly, you are trying to create CVCs based on another POS and you are getting this error.

When you are doing this make sure that the POS that you are referencing and the POS that you are creating CVCs for have almost same structure.

Please take a look at this [link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/f9/6ddb27281149b783bda8da46f307ed/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visu,

Thank you for your reply, but please reread my original question. The source POS and the target POS have the exact same structure (same info-objects) except for the DP BOM relevent characteristics (which a non DP BOM POS could not fill anyway). The real question I need answered is if there are any ill effects if I turn on the "Switch on Implemented BADI" checkbox without actually using a BADI, as this action seems to bypass the error message.

Sean