cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects task confirmation through CATS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on ECC6.0. We want to confirm tasks in cProjects through CATS. We've made the required settings in the data entry profile for CATS, and in the Project Type of cProjects.

We are not using any approval procedure in CATS for time recording and release. However, on saving the timesheet, there are no confirmation documents posted in the table DPR_CONF_LI.

Are we missing anything? Please suggest.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Can you please share the solution and explain what you have done for the cProjects and CATS integration

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Maybe you already tried this, but as when you transfer CATS records to CO for instance, you have to transfer them to cProjects as well. To do so, you can run program: DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF (on the cProjects system).

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias BRISSEAU on Jan 25, 2008 10:25 AM

Edited by: Matthias BRISSEAU on Jan 25, 2008 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your response. Actually I tried running the report, and it did not process any items. When I went through the report documentation, I came to know that it picks the confirmation documents from the table DPR_CONF_LI.

But I do not see any entries in the table DPR_CONF_LI, which gets populated whenever the time data is saved in CATS. ( I read this in a documentation somewhere)

Am I missing anything?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Are you only saving the timesheet? Try to release the timesheet entry and save. I have also maintained without approval procedure in Data entry profile. But it updates DPR_CONF_LI only after Release and save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

Thanks for your response.We are already releasing the data, but still there are no confirmation documents posted to DPR_CONF_LI.

We are using IDES ECC 6, and I feel that there is some problem with the ALE settings.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

I remember now that to make it work, we had first to send the validated times to CO (through the CAT7 transaction). Only validated/transfered time can be retrieved then to cProjects as "confirmed time".

Hope it will solve your issue.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I posted the confirmation documents to CO. However, the problem still exists. Am I missing anything?

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any suggestions on this thread is highly appreciable as i am also same problem while transferring time from CATS to cProjects.

I would like to request you all to suggest CATS & cProjects scenario in details.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh:

It works for us. We see the assigned cPro. task in the CATS worklist and are able to post time. We see the posted time in the table DPR_CONF_LI too.

Did you check if the time record was in status '30'?

Guys,

But we have a different problem: The actual time, though posted in 'hours', is in 'seconds'. Any clues?

thanks,

Mathavan Thuckan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

Thanks for your resply. Could you elaborate in details about the steps to be followed for transferring time from CATS to cProjects. We are transferring time after approval of the same & also transferring into CO module for posting actual cost into projects.

Do we need to mainatin ALE settings as our HR details & cProjects are in same server and as per SAP note if the components are in same system then ALE settings is n't required.

I would appreiciate if you can suggest me to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh:

I think you are working on a non-distributed scenario. But I am working on a distributed one.

Do you want to check if SAP note: 913347 helps, if not done already.

thx,

Mathavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

Thanks for your reply. And wrt your problem, there is a note available.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

Thanks for your prompt response. I got the note mentioned for CATS integration with cProjects in non-distributed scenarios. I would like to request you to enlighten more on distributuion and non-distributuon scenarios. How both the scenarios different in business process perpective.

Thank you for your coopearation.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathavan,

This refers to the issue of time transfer from CATS into cProjects. I applied the OSS note (# 913347), but still i am unable to transfer time from CATS into cProjects. Can you look into the matter & suggest to solve the issue.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Actually, the corrections suggested in note 913347 are about displaying the project details in the worklist. They do not seem to correct the program logic of transferring released entries to DPR_CONF_LI.

Do you have cProjects on a separate system, or the same system?

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your response. Our cProjects & HR module are in same system. Therefore ALE configuration is n't required as per SAP note. Could you suggest any other details to fix the issue.

Best Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Unfortunately, I am facing the same problem since ours is also a non-distributed system. I am thinking of raising an OSS message for this issue, and suggest you to do the same.

We'll keep each other posted about any updates.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Today while testing, I got the same situation.

But it was because, I had not assigned the role to the task in cProjects. I entered time by searching for the WBS element in CAT2. It got released properly. But the confirmation program DPR_CATS_CPR_TRANSF did not transfer anything.

I went back to cProjects and assigned the role to the task, it got populated on my timesheet worklist. I filled again and released and it got transfered.

I am not sure if this is the reason for your case.. but just FYI..

Regards,

Remya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remya,

Is your cProjects system on a different server than your ECC?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is. It is on a different server.

Edited by: Remya Aravindan on Feb 7, 2008 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I wish to inform the issue of time transfer from CATS to cProjects is resolved. There is problem in data entry profile for time entry. While entring time in CAT2, we need to selct the project of (cProjects). Then following the normal method, i am able to transfer time into cProjects.

I would like to suggest you to debug the programe in SE38 for transfer of time along with your ABAPer, then you will get the exact problem as i identified the issue in same method.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I have the cProjects and the CATS on the same system.

Can you please forward any related documents on CATS integration with cProjects 4.0 ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I don't have any specific documents for cProjects & CATS integration. However i am describing few steps for integration point of view.

There are essential four condtions, which influence the items in time sheet

1. The customizing of the CATS Data Entry Profiles must be set correctly.

2. The Link between the personal numer (Cat2) and Business Partner (cProject) must be maintained correctly.

3. The business partner must be assigned to a role or task within the used time period

4. The involved cProject objects (role or task) must have a accounting assignment.

Apart from this, your data entry profile for time entry need to be configured properly.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan