cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfc destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created an rfc destination in SM59 and it works perfectly. But it doesn't works using the "call function 'xx' destination ...". I don't see any information in transaction SXMB_MONI.

What can I check? Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can find the adapter identifiers in the configuration.

double click on the business system and go to SERVICES.

there u can find the adapter identifiers.

1)Also check whether u have created rfc destination having TCP/IP connection.

2) check whether u have registered the server program before giving the program id.

3) In gateway host and gateway servicegive the ip of your business system not the XI server

4) before checking the connection to xi make sure tht u have specify the program id in rfc adapater,activated it and then check the connection because when u click on test connection XI comes and registered itself there.

ALSO U Refresh the XI RUNTIME CACHE BEFORE U TEST CONNECTION

GO TO Transaction SXI_CACHE-> XI RUNTIME CACHE ->COMPLETE CACHE REFRESH

VIKAS JAIN..

Regards points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

Make sure the attribue "remote -enabled module" is selected for the function module you are calling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attribute is selected. The function is active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following link and confirm you have done all right

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/04256b488911d189490000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Also specify the error you are getting if any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't make modifications in this R3.

My code is:

CALL FUNCTION 'my_function'

DESTINATION 'rfc_destination'

EXPORTING

COD_TRABAJO = IT_ORDENES-AUFNR

IMPORTING

CODERROR = CODERROR

MENSAJE = MENSAJE

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS = 1.

My only clue about what's the matter is SY-SUBRC=1 .

I see it's possible to use:

CALL FUNCTION Remotefunction

DESTINATION Dest

EXPORTING...

IMPORTING...

TABLES...

EXCEPTIONS

SYSTEM_FAILURE = 1 MESSAGE msg

COMMUNICATION_FAILURE = 2 MESSAGE msg

Why can SYSTEM_FAILURE and COMMUNICATION_FAILURE occur?

Edited by: Ismael Perez on Jan 18, 2008 2:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested the scenario with other R3 and it works perfectly. The thing is the rfc destination works ok, but when the call is made, it doesn't works.

Is there any log where I can see more information?

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out for Program ID you giving everywhere. It may cause a problem . also Program ID is case sensitive.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. write commit work in RFC.

2. Communication faliure occurs when your login credentials dont match with R3 in RFC sender, like you have given language as en in PI and EN in RFC destination on R3.

3. first activate your communication channel then test connection. its a compulsion.

Rewards if found helpful.

Regards,

Alok

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete and recreate the destination one more time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user/password is correct. The language is the same in both channel and destination.

I have recreated the destination and works ok, but it still fails when calling to xi.

I have reactivated the channel too, and doesn't works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have catched la exception SYSTEM_FAILURE and I gets the message:

lookup of alternativeServiceIdentifier via CPA-cache failed for channel 'CC_RFC_SENDER' (9fc482845eaf323c817a1cda52b8b12c, party

Any ideas about what's wrong?

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

A RFC sender channel is located beneath a service within the Integration Directory. Within this service choose "Service" -> "Adapter-Specific Identifiers". The values in the fields "R/3 System ID" and "Client" has to be maintained with the correct values of the system, that sends the RFC call to the RfcAdapter. It normaly only makes sense to have these values filled for services of type "Business System". If maintained in SLD, this fields will be filled automaticaly for services of type "Business System" and can be updated with the button "Compare with System Landscape Directory".

If a non-ABAP system is used to send RFC-calls to the RFC-Adapter sender channel it may is not possible to set the SYS-ID and CLIENT values in this external RFC client. The checking of these values can be disabled in the 'RFC Server Parameter' settings in the sender channel. Choose 'Advanced Mode' and deselect 'Verify Sender System'.

( reference from SAP note 730870)

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I can find the "Adapter Identifiers" in the Business system? SLD? Configuration?

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to ID--service without party-business system( select your business system)-serviceadapter specific identifiers...

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see the option "service". I only see the options "Receiver", "Sender", "Assigned Users", "IDoc Partner" and "Other Attributes". In any of the options I see "adapter specific identifiers".

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Top of the screen you can c service option ..first look at the screen you can find there in the top left corner of the business system window...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry sorry. I looked a stupid.

The R3 and client was wrong. I have changed it but I doesn't works.

In SXI_CACHE doesn't appear the channel. It looks like a cache problem.

I have started a complete cache refresh ...

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

you changed in the SLD also...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a scenario working fine with R3_1 but I changed the data in the channel to test scenario with R3_2. It started to fail, so I change the Business System and assigned the Technical System of R3_2. It didn't works neither.

Finally, I didn't know why didn't work, so I decided to put everything like the original and ... now doesn't works.

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

check in SLD business and technical system....and check using adapter specific identifiers whether you using right connection or not...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have assigned the correct technical system in the SLD. The "adapter specific identifiers" is wrong and don't take the correct data from SLD if I push the botton "compare with SLD".

Manually I can't change it neither.

Any ideas?

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign the right client in SLD and do a SLD cache refresh in ID.....then compare in adapterspecific identifiers..hope it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

It have refreshed!! But when I compared with SLD and save it with the correct data, it shows the error "SAP system ID R3D and client 020 already exist in service | MY_BUSINESS_SISTEM".

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the business system ..seems techinical system that u wanna create all ready existed...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business system already exists. In SLD is assigned to the correct Technical System, that it's different from the showed in "Adapter Specific identifiers". If I try to change it using the button "compare with SLD" doesn't works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ismael,

a) did you import the RFC into integration repository?

b) did you configure comminication chanel?

c) did you configure sender agreement?

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have tested the scenario with other R3 (changing data in channel) and it works ok, but I don't know what happens in this case.

Edited by: Ismael Perez on Jan 18, 2008 2:06 PM