cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Spool Access Method U in Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm trying to create an output device in windows using U method because i want remote printing directly to an TCP/IP printer (printer with network card).

I don't want to use method C (local access).

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but when i verify the connection it says "unable to reach the remote host spool system".

This is what i have configured in the Access Method section:

- Method: U

- Host printer:
192.168.100.31 (this is the printer IP. Ping from the SAP spool server (srvr3test) works fine)

- Destination host:
192.168.100.31 I don't know what to put here. Note that i'm not using any PC as a host spool system, i want to print directly to printer using its spool.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the Help Documetation inside SAP:

*If print formatting is running on another system, choose from the *

*following: *

o Enter U if the formatting process is to transfer the output data to

the remote host system using the Berkeley protocol (BSD).

The formatting process uses this protocol to transfer output data

directly to the host spooler on the remote system.

The destination host address is asking for the print server or machine that the spool resides on.

Edited by: Joey Stephens on Jan 23, 2008 2:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In destination host

For Microsoft Windows PCs using access method S, specify the name of the computer where SAPLPD is running. SAPLPD transfers the data to the host system the output device is connected to.

For access method U, specify the name of the computer where a UNIX-LPD is running. The UNIX-LPD transfers the data to the host system the output device is connected to.

in short the name of host where saplpd is running

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not what i asked for.

I want to use U method in windows. I know i can use S method, but i want to know how to configure in windows the U method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use U method with winodws i just give you only idea abt the method,

in host name just give the host name of the spool server where saplpd is running

regards,

kaushal