cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding sap script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Im having a problem in sap script printing text. in the main window text element im inputting a

global variable from the prog which calls this script.

eg . there is a executable prog zprog which has a data element name,

and this prog is calling the script zscript. in this script i have made a main window in which im including

a normal heading as name and then i have included a global text element &name& from the calling prog zprog.

now when i execute the prog in the print i see the heading name but not the variable name(ie its value) that im sending from the prog is not printed.

please anybody let me know where i could have done the mistake that the global variable is nt visible.

rewards point for all useful answere.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the format option you are using inthe main window for the line name &name&, better debug the program and see whether the variable is filled with the value or not.

Reward if Helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi viswam

im using the default format .

ie im writing as * name: &name&

more over can you please tell me how to do the debugging of the form and see weather the name parameter is filled with the value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Keep a break point in program where u passing the value to the Variable and goto se71 press /h or activate debugger,

then run it.

Reward if helpful,

Viswam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi viswam,

YOu are correct the value in the name variable is not comming from the prog .

but the i have jiust made a normal charecter type element.

please tell me how to get the value.

what i have done is a have just declared a data : name(10) type c value 'madhvi'

in the script as i have already mentioed i have called it

now when i activated the debugger of the script and then i executed the prog.

the text element is been seen then vn i commit the name variable nothing is comming.

please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Try hard coding the name in script, for checking if it printed then u may have the problem in the script it self, then try checking with other format options.

Please Reward if helpful.

Viswam.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is another way you can do it,

by using PERFORM < Perfornmane>IN PROGRAM <programname>. This you will write in SAP script with Using and changing variables

and in driver program use

FORM < Perfornmane> TABLES IN_PAR STUCTURE ITCSY

OUT_PAR STRUCTURE ITCSY.

Hope this helps you,

Reward if helpful,

Madhura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhuran,

im just using the edit text and then im including the variable and in the driver prog im using the func open_form

write_form close _form

but all other things like the logo and the normal heddings are printed bt the global variable from the prog

is not printed .

can you please help me out in how to over come this problem.