Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS SCA imports fail & CBS error while activating

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

I am trying to setup the JDI process for scenario 2+ or 3. The JDI is running on the DEV system and SLD is altogether on a different system(Here the installation and configuration of JDI & SLD was carried out by an admin). So I started implementing (assuming that JDI & SLD was configured well) the Scenario 3 tutorial provided in the help.sap.com.

I have the following issues in doing so

1. When I try to import depenedent SCA's in transport studio, the SCA's fail to import. This done once a track has been created in the CMS and after checking in the dependent SC archives.

2. I get this "CBS SERVER ERROR : CBS failed to communicate with some other server (internal code : Communication Error)" when I try to check in the DTR activity. The checked in activity contains a SC with out any dependencies on other SC's.

I shall apprecaite your response very much.

Thanks in advance

Yasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!!!

The problem was with usernames and passwords(make sure that you dont change the passwords for the CMSADM & ADMIN accounts once you create them, bcz these usernames are used in more than few places and we have to remember where to change them), we got this problem fixed via sap notes.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the exact same issue. We changed the Administrator password, and now the CBS can't talk to the SLD properly. As a matter of fact, the Adminsitrator account keeps getting locked.

We changed the password of a few components, but I can't figure out how to change the CBS's cached/stored password for the administrator account. HELP!!!

Which SAP Notes helped you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

facing the same problem.. could you please let me know which SAP notes helped you?

yasu_ramaiah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Sir for the delayed response. I never had a chance to track. We solved this by personaly contacting SAP. I just remember SAP explaining to maintain the consistancy of username passwords for CMSADM & the other.

Thanks,

Yasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might be referring to SAP note 896427: NWDI admin user/password update.

former_member25156
Active Participant
0 Kudos

"SAP note 896427: NWDI admin user/password update"

This note is not found, but it would be useful as I am experiencing the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe SAP is revising the note...?! Anyway here's an older copy of what the note says:

Symptom

Server communication problems after the reconfiguration of the NWDI admin user/password.

Reason and Prerequisites

The new user/password configuration is not updated in all NWDI landscape servers. The automatic update is not implemented.

The use case / Precondition:

In the NWDI CMS Landscape Domain Data UI the admin user and password are defined. In addition at least one NWDI track is already configured.

The NWDI administrator has to change the NWDI admin user/password.

Solution

In order to update the new user/password configuration for all NWDI Servers manual steps are required.

The use case / Precondition:

In the NWDI CMS Landscape Domain Data UI the admin user and password are defined. In addition at least one NWDI track is already configured.

The NWDI administrator has to change the NWDI admin user/password.

The required steps:

Change the NWDI admin user/password configuration in UME.

Change the NWDI admin user/password configuration in the NWDI CMS Landscape Domain Data UI.

Update User/Password Configuration in the configured CBS Buildspaces

in Visual Admin settings, Server -> Services -> Component Build Service -> set idle start of Component Build Service to true and restart CBS.

for each track, in CMS UI -> Landscape Configurator -> Track Data , make a change in the XML Content of one software component of track, add the line "<!-- user/password update -->" in the XML Content.

save each track with the above change.

in Visual Admin settings, Server -> Services -> Component Build Service -> set idle start of Component Build Service to false and restart CBS.

in CMS UI -> Transport Studio, restore system state of all tracks.

Update User/Password Configuration of name server in the configured DTR Servers

Check the name server configuration of your DTR server as described in the following SAP Help documentation (see section "Configuration of the Name Service"): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/b4de3f68d48f15e10000000a155106/content.htm

If the user/password in the name server configuration is not updated with the new NWDI admin user/password configuration you have to set the new user/password manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. Since my administrator password was changed, CBS communication error I am getting. Please let me know how did you solve the problem.

How many place I need to change administrator password?

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm still facing the same problem as you...

the note have been updated but it is still not working...

do you have any idea?

Thank you,

Sandro

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've tried to follow you path, but I still get the error, whenever I try to save something in the CMS.

Unexpected error; inform your system administrator: com/sap/tc/cbs/client/CBSFactory.getBuildServer(Lcom/sap/dtr/client/lib/protocol/IConnectionTemplate;)Lcom/sap/tc/cbs/client/IBuildServer;

Any help is very appreciated,

Marco

marco_furlanetto
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

I believe I just had the same problem, the NWDI_CMSADM password expired, and I started to have COMMUNICATION_ERROR on NWDS when trying to see activation list..).

I could solve the problem doing the following:

-Reseting on the portal the password of NWDI_CMSADM user.

-Logging in the portal with NWDI_CMSADM user, and setting the password to the previous password

-Doing a full Java restart (using sapmmc console)

Then so far is working normally again (didnt need to do all that steps).

Thanks and Regards,

Marco

Edited by: Marco Furlanetto on Jun 22, 2010 4:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco Furlanetto

I am also facing the same problem.

Please advise me the following:

>-Reseting on the portal the password of NWDI_CMSADM user.

>-Logging in the portal with NWDI_CMSADM user, and setting the password to the previous password

What is Above portal Url?

Is this NWDI Url correct?

http://<host>:5<instance number>00/devinf

Thanks and Regards,

Hideki 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you use fully qualified domain names in all places.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasu,

Have you done with preparation steps for Scenario 2+ and 3

i hope u have created a track, software component,you are abel to import the configuration and abel to see SC with out any dependencies on other SC's.

if it works just follow the tutorial

Regards,

RK