cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Persisting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to change the JCO connection in a transaction to a different client, but I think it is still running from the client I was originally using. Do I need to clear the JAVA cache for this to work? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

Nick

PS the reason I think it's not working is because I'm using BAPI_MATERIAL_STOCK_REQ_LIST and through se37 I know part x exists on the old client but not on the new. Part y exists on the new but not the old. Regardless of which client I tell it to use, it returns data OK for part x, but part y gives an error "[ERROR]: STEP EXCEPTION (TerminateTransaction_1) : Material y does not exist".

I also created a new transaction based on my new client and part y and it worked fine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also could you tell what version of xMII is this?

I did encounter something similar with 12.0.1 but that is fixed with 12.0.2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted the local cache and this seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for your help.

Nick

PS It was 11.5.3 b66

Edited by: Nick Stannage on Jan 21, 2008 10:25 AM

0 Kudos

Nick,

Just as a heads up you cannot specify a pre-configured JCo configuration on the fly you have to specify the connection parameters specifically. For example if you had a JCo configuration called "SAPJCO1" and "SAPJCO2" with the only difference being the client number. You cannot overwrite the SAPSystemAlias property a runtime, instead you would have to overwrite the SAPClient value.

Hope that helps.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To find the URL for clearing the request/response schema cache just search the forum for "JCOProxy".

Can you shed more light onto exactly how you are changing the JCO connection settings and/or the Material/Part portion of your request? Maybe it is a link problem in your TRX?

Regards,

Jeremy