Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to trigger the pages differently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created one form with two pages.

Depending on my data i want to trigger the first page or second page or some times both.

Is it possible to do this.

Iam using the regular SFP transaction to do the coding.

i want to know whether the conditional triggering is possible or not.

One more requirement is that if i trigger the first page it should printed two times, if i trigger the second page i want to trigger three times times continuously..

means printing in this sequesnce

page1 page1 page2 page2 page2.

Please help me.

Regards,

sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Currently I'm using similar feature.

Task:

We have a list of employees with there phones printed in several columns.

Depending on the available printer we would like to choose between A4 and A3 paper size.

Solution:

1. There are two different master pages ("A4" and "A3") in form layout with different columns layout (cause more columns fit onto A3).

2. In the form hierarchy A4 is before A3 - so by default A4 master page is used.

3. There's only one Body page. In my case there's no need to develop different body pages, but you can do it if needed of course.

4. IV_FORMAT field in the form interface and context contains the name of the page format we would like to use (just string with "A4", "A3" or any other you can imagine)

5. Body page contains Conditional page-break (Object palette -> Pagination -> Edit...) with the following logic (Language: FormCalc, Run At: Server):

$record.IV_FORMAT eq "A3"

If this is true then Break: Before To: Page "A3"

How it works:

As you can see from the solution above we send page format as parameter to the form.

This means, that user can choose it in the print program.

Depending on the incoming format systems either uses "A4" format (as default) or goes to "A3" page on conditional page break.

As for the second requirement you can use the same conditional break technique to trigger the required number of pages.

Best regards,

Petr Perstnev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please paste the exact code you have written in the form calc.

One more thing,In our version we dont have explicit pagination tab,

we are using adobe designer 7.0.

Please give me your suggestion.

Regards,

sasi

Is there any explicit command to trigger in the way i mentioned in my second point

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

1) I suggest you switch to the 7.1 version of Designer. AFAIK it is backward compatible, but has some new features (some are very important).

So start with downloading and installing Adobe Designer 7.1 from service.sap.com/installations -> Entry by Application Group (tree on the left)-> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (2004S) -> <Your OS> -> <Your DB> -> Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1 (in the list).

Also download and install latest patches for 7.1 version of Designer from service.sap.com/patches.

And while I'm using Designer 7.1 for about 2 years now so can't remember how to do the same in older version.

And btw the code I typed above was copied from Designer. It is as exact as possible.

2) If you mean direct scripting, than I'm not sure. Maybe startNew proprety can be used. See Adobe LiveCycle Designer Help for details.

Regards,

Petr Perstnev