cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Inbound Business Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to send an inbound IDoc to SAP via Business Connector. This is shortly to be replaced by XI.

The flow in Business Connector creates a routing rule which is blank because it is not finding the control information from the IDoc I believe.

I think I am missing a step in my flow.

Currently the flow is

document to record

Transform hierarchy to Flat.

Map ( mapping the fields into the IDoc)

Record to Idoc

Inbound process

The inbound process always fails because it doesnt recognise the message type, sender etc.

This is all the idoc and in record to Idoc this is an input with an output of Idoc list which is passed to the inbound process.

However Idoclist I believe doesn't seem to contain any data.

I think a step is missing can anyone help??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, forget my answer, I wrongly assumed that you RECEIVE an idoc from SAP (anyway this hint may help other users

when you build an IDoc in BC, you first create a record definition in BC Developer (Menu SAP / IDoc Definition). Then you use this record reference in your flow, map the values and then call

hierachy to flat and then do the inbound process. So please use:

Map ( mapping the fields into the IDoc)

Transform hierarchy to Flat. (Map the idoc record reference on the boundNode input)

Inbound process

Do NOT map field values after you have called hierarchy to flat.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also trying to map values to idoc from business connector(4.6). The flow is

map

transformhierarchytoflat

ale outbound process.

When I test the application, it's showing a null pointer error . I have doubt in what all values should i give for control records ??

Any help or suggestion will be of great help .

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

(as written by mail already)

In the edi control record, you should fill at least the following fields:

mestyp, idoctyp, cimtyp (if it is an idoc extension type)

mandt, sndprn, rcvprn

But I suppose the NPE does not come because of the missing idoc control fields, but from another problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the routing rule is created before your flow can even be called (because the rule would call the flow). This means the error is not in your flow (at least not THIS error

The empty routing rule problem for inbound idocs normally has its reason in a wrong configuration of the SAP system logon data in the BC (because the BC will query the metadata after receiving the idoc, and this fails because of wrong credentials to SAP, so he can not determine sender/receiver in the EDI_DC segment).

So check your SAP logon data in BC: choose the SAP system entry, andt then press "Test Connection". This surely fails. Correct it, then your download will also work.

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see this.

Hi,

BC adapter can be used when you want to communicate to a existing interface on Business Connector. If you are talking to SAP, you use RFC / IDOC adapters.

The SAP Business Connector (BC) is used in a large number of SAP production environments. SAP Business Connector will probably be gradually phased out and replaced by SAP XI technology. For the short term SAP Business connector and SAP XI will inevitably continue to coexist in companies IT landscapes.

See Below links

Integrating your SAP Business Connector with SAP XI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/96ed2129-0b01-0010-2e91-c45e1fad...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4f27ad80-0c01-0010-f8b8-c5e153a1...

Before XI

Choose the Right Adapter to integrate with SAP systems

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Thanks

akshay