cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM69 access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I need to know how SAP communicates with the operating system wrt access in SM69. I am receiving a message 'External program terminated with exit code 255' when doing a WRKLNK '/Ownsaplib'. I have a requirement to display and non-sap IFS directory to our consultants.

Thanks tons

Anette

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank-you for the reply - unfortunately AL11 cannot address this problem as it only works with SAP directories and this directory sits under root.

I also need the consultants to drill down under these directories and they do not want to map drives to the IFS.

Hope this clarifies

Anette

0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

I am not an expert in configuring AL11. But after creating a link to a non SAP directory in /tmp I was able to navigate there:

Call Qp2term

> cd /tmp

> ln -s <targetdir> <somename>

AL11 -> DIR_TEMP

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anette,

I think Thomas has given the right answer already... Tcode AL11 could work with root, you just need to configure it to do so.

Tcode AL11 - Configure button -

for Directory name /tmp OR another directory OR even /

Enter Directory <NAME-you-like> like TEMP or INTERFACE

Enter Server Name all as default, or the application server

Add button - SAVE button - back

Then you can see the new directory listed, and you can double-click (or Display button) to view the files.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

Thank-you Thomas and Victor for your input - it is greatly appreciated.

This is very strange! I initially did as you suggested - before investigating SM69.

I subsequently retried this based on the suggestions and it still would not work - until I tried <all> in the server name and it showed.

THANK-YOU

Anette

0 Kudos

Hi Anette,

You will not be able to use interactive commands like WRKLNK with SM69. You should see the output e.g. ls <dir> or DSPLIBL.

For accessing the file system you can also utilize transaction AL11.

HTH,

Thomas

thomas_vogt
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I suppose this is a DB2/400 question.

Moved thread to DB4 forum.

Regards,

Thomas