Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: EDI Aperak

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an urgent requirement where we have to provide acknowledgement in APERAK format.

Entire scenario could be explained as follows:

This is an EDI-IDoc scenario where source is EDIFACT D96A and the target is ORDERS05 IDoc.This scenario is working fine and the IDocs are successfully posted into SAP R/3.

Now we have an add-on to this.They want us to send acknowledgement for success or failure of IDoc in the form of APERAK.

I have some specific doubts related to this:

1) Would this be a synchronous scenario(MI would be synchronous)?

2) According to the mapping instructions,source and target both are EDI structures.How this could be implemented?

I am almost novice about APERAK and not able to understand how this could be implemented in XI.

I would appreciate if someone could help me in this and could provide me step by step instructions to implement this scenario in XI.

Kindly let me know if further information is required at my end.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta!

We have implemented something similar. Well, APERAK is some kind of international format for exchanging data between utlities companies I think.

Well, the 1st question is, what technology do they use for sending source data into XI? Which type of adapter? Then I assume are these data mapped to IDoc and sent to R/3...

If you are using IDoc as a target system, u can't make this scenario sync.. (only maybe with BPM)

Well, we solved it, that IDoc is sent to ERP and the ABAP developers developed a functionality, that the response for message processing was sent as IDoc back to XI and then mapped to APERAK.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

utilities companies use APRAK. But APERAK is for any kind of company.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, sorry.. We used it with IS-U, so I thought... But thanx for correction!

Peter

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for the useful information.

This is exactly what I need.

Could you please provide me the details for the ABAP functionality that you have implemented.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

first:

http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d07b/trmd/aperak_c.htm

APERAK is for semantical errors (errors in business data) not syntactical errors.

The function of this message is:

a) to inform a message issuer that his message has been

received by the addressee's application and has been rejected

due to errors encountered during its processing in the

application.

b) to acknowledge to a message issuer the receipt of his

message by the addressee's application.

This means that the receiving system has to produce the APERAK. As IDOCs are always async your scenario will be async. This means that you have two define two processes.

a) one for receiving the EDI

b) second to send APREAK IDOC from R/3 via XI to partner.

So you need a mapping that parses the incoming APERAK IDOC from r/3 and generate a EDI.

Regards Mario

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Could you please explain in details as how to trigger the second process(after IDoc is successfully posted to SAP R/3)

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

the R/3 itself has to do the validation of the incoming "business data".

Lets asume: Validate if "name" and "client-ID" fit together.

If not, the function module that processes the incoming IDOC has to produce a APERAK IDOC and has to persist ist. The "IDOC processor" takes this IDOC and resends it to XI. For this you have to configure WE20 and WE21, also SM59.

In XI design a process, that konverts and sends the APERAK to the business partner.

Regards Mario

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

But still I am not able to understand the process.

I have done WE20 and WE21 settings,still I cant receive acknowledgements.

Could you please explain the process steps in detail.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shweta,

sorry I missunderstood your requirement.

You have to map the incoming APERAK-EDI to a appropriate IDOC.

You can find appropriate IDOCs by using WE30 (F4). Unfortunately I guess you won't find a appropriate IDOC.

As a workaround you could use SYSTAT01.

SYSTAT01 is a IDOC that could be used for different requirements:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/75/4b3c1cd14811d289810000e8216438/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/dc/6b7e6c43d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

So you can transform the incoming EDI-APERAK to SYSTAT01.

Regards Mario