Did you mean: 

Communication channel .... help

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I'm still fighting with XI BOX.

I'll try to explain my problem.

I have a stand-alone adapter in a PC. This adapter, sends and receives XML files.

I have the XI BOX and a SAP R3.

The stand-alone adapter is defined so when someone puts a file in one specified folder, the adapter sends it to XI BOX.

Then, the XI BOX makes the mapping and send a BAPI to SAP R3 in order to get an answer for the existence of a vendor. Then XI BOX makes again the answer and send a file to the PC. The receiver adapter of the PC put the result file in another folder.

This example is working but i don't understand how.

Anyone who explain me how i must define my communication channels?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

2 communication channels have to be there (1 optional)

1) Under "Party" (for your PC / Standalone adapter Engine)

This is by XI adapter, since the Central adapter engine communicates with the standalone adapter engine in XI protocol

(This one is optional because there is no need for a channel for the communication between a standalone & central AE)

2) Under "Service without Party" (for your SAP )

This is by RFC adapter

Hope this clarfies your doubts

Regards

Vishnu

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu.

Can you explain me how would you do, step by step all the process ? Think in a simple example, sending a message type with only the vendor (LIFNR), asking R3 is this vendor exists and the response of R3, send it to the PC.

File XML from PC with standalone adapter --> XI BOX Mapping and routing to SAP -

> SAP answer to XI ---> XI mapping and routing to PC.

I know i'm asking too many things, but i don't have any help in my company. Today my boss denied my a Realtech consultant.