cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding More Partitions to the InfoCube fact table manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to add partitions to the fact table using ABAP code. The db table is already partitioned based on data packet and I want to add another partition before inserting entries with this new partition key.

I used the following code and it failed with ORA-00903(invalid table name) error.

EXEC SQL.

ALTER TABLE /BI0/F0BWTC_C09

ADD PARTITION

/BI0/F0BWTC_C090000000377

VALUES LESS THAN

('376') TABLESPACE "PSABWT";

ENDEXEC.

Any inputs on how to solve this issue is welcome.

Additionally, I also tried to add partitions via SE14 but I see that this was not reflected at the DB. i.e I entered the new partition details after clicking on 'For New Creation' and then pressed on SAVE. but these changes were not reflected at all.

Thanks in advance,

Sanjay

P.S. I would handsomely reward points if this issue is sorted out as I am desperate to solve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

we do you want to do that? You'll break the db object management of the BW component with that. BW will get into big problems with that.

Never mess around with the BW objects - really: never!

Anyhow: the bug in your code is how you address the table. Backslashes ("/") aren't allowed as normal identifiers.

Therefore you will in all statements of SAP see that we put quotation marks"" around the table names.

With the " " the table name can consist of any characters you like but it's then case sensitive.

Once more: don't do this - BW manages it's objects itself and if you break your infocube with that you won't get much support...

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Support Lars.

I do understand that this is not the right way to do but I am forced to do this due to some unavoidable circumstances. I have also ensure that this doesnt lead to any inconsistencies.

Additionally I found FM RSDU_TABLE_ADD_PARTITION_ORA which adds partitions. this FM is DB specific and similar FMs are available for all DBs. This solved my problem.

Regards,

Sanjay

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this:

With quotes... andf good tablesapce name

ALTER TABLE "/BI0/F0BWTC_C09"

ADD PARTITION

"/BI0/F0BWTC_C090000000377"

VALUES LESS THAN

('376') TABLESPACE "PSAPBWT";