cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining more than one Target transport system

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have more than one Target Transport systems defined for a single source System in SLD at one time?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Yes it is possible to define more than one target system

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a similar note with a 3 tier XI landscape (DEV, QAS, PRD) which of the following two scenarios is preferable?

1. In the SLD define each DEV Business System with a target of the corresponding QAS Business System and define each QAS Business System with a target of the corresponding PRD Business System.

DEV ---> QAS ---> PRD

This means that we export ID objects from DEV and then import them into QAS. The objects then need to be exported from QAS for import into PRD

2. In the SLD define the DEV Business Systems with 2 target systems relating to corresponding QAS and PRD Business Systems.

DEV --> QAS

DEV --> PRD

This means that the same export from DEV can be used for import to both QAS and PRD.

Currently we have scenario 1 implemented but I am thinking of changing this to scenario 2 which I believe is a better solution as only one export is required and it is guaranteed that the same objects are being imported into QAS and PRD.

Any Comments?

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

First reply and first earn rule applied, Thanks Guys----

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theoretically Yes. But can u please share the scenario wherein u r getting such requirement

Regards,

Prateek

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well i just thought of one scenario which we havn't came across.

But yes suppose Our Dev XI box has implemented many scenarios, and suppose some of them might be used by different subsidiaries of the single client then they might want it to get transported to different QA systems and want to test them parallely ( just a thought !!)

Regards.

Jeet.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur thought isn't completely infeasible. Client's requirement could be wierd at times

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeet

Yes

for more details have a look on these.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regds

Abhishek